Certification Project Engineer / Autonomous Robots
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for a Certification Project Engineer to reinforce our team. At ANYbotics we are shaping the legged robotics industry; The advanced design of our robots enables heavy industries to automate routine inspections and incorporate highly mobile robots into their workforce. In this sense, certification is key for the success of our robots; Finding innovative ways to achieve regulatory compliance in this emerging field is essential. In this role, you will advance the certification of our robots. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled engineer to make a real impact in the development and success of our cutting-edge robotics technology. As a member of the development team, you'll play a critical role in ensuring our robots meet compliance requirements. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers in order to identify potential risks, propose solutions, and oversee the implementation of changes needed for compliance. Leveraging the vast technical and certification expertise of ANYbotics, you'll help improve our robots, while also expanding your own skills.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our products enable autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, as well as all software to enable world-class mobility, autonomy and AI driven inspection insights. We have proven the technology and the business impact to our customers in long-term pilot projects and are scaling-up sales of our commercial solution.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the compliance of the robot designs with various regulatory requirements (e.g. safety, operation in potentially explosive zones, battery, electromagnetic compatibility and environmental impact)
- Coordinate the certification testing efforts and be responsible for the communication with regulatory agencies, notified bodies, and test labs.
- Accelerate the global certification reach of our robots, achieving compliance in key non-EU markets such as United States, Brazil, Japan, Middle East
- Maintain and expand certification-relevant knowledge and evidence (e.g. data packages, design documentation, certificates of compliance)
- Appropriately calibrate certification risks in order to implement pragmatic technical solutions and achieve the company’s business goals
- Preferred MsC or BsC / FH in conjunction with relevant industrial traction
- 3+ years of experience of working in a product-driven industrial setting
- Strong project management skills combined with great communication skills and the capacity to facilitate the resolution of complex multidisciplinary challenges
- Relevant experiences with industrial product certification, compliance topics, e.g. robotics, mechatronics, medical or aerospace background
- Experience with identifying and interpreting standards from different fields for a specific application
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Expertise in compliance for the USA, Brazil or Japan
- Expertise in IECEx certification
- Good understanding of the machinery directive (e.g. performed a product risk assessment)
- Knowledge of functional safety (e.g. development of safety functions)
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
See more open positions at ANYbotics
Something looks off?