Field Engineer / Robotics
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a field robotics engineer at ANYbotics, you will travel the world and become a PIONEER in applying robotics technologies to solve real-world tasks. You’ll be a driver to deliver high-tech robotics solutions in close collaboration with our customers, lead implementation projects, and represent ANYbotics to our clients globally. You will extend your knowledge and experience in all areas of robotics and will be exposed to different industries and applications. Since every customer is unique, you will encounter and resolve many exciting robotics challenges. Your valuable feedback gained from the field will support our R&D to shape further developments and have REAL IMPACT. When not in the field, you will work on developing tools and processes to further improve our solution, supporting existing customers, training new users how to operate ANYmal or developing customizations.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial environments in the energy, process and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. The software enabling ANYmal to perform autonomous inspection missions is almost exclusively developed in-house. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance.
The Field Team
You’ll join a team of robotics engineers who are knowledgeable in the entire robotics software architecture. We are committed to delivering a system that is highly performant, robust, and user-friendly, and we continuously explore innovative ways to optimize the user experience with ANYmal. Our team is passionate about maximizing our customer’s value, and we strive for performing excellent work, sometimes under time pressure and often in unusual situations such as offshore platforms, construction sites, or train depots. We also enjoy traveling the world, learning about different cultures, and demonstrating our technology at fairs and events.
- Enjoy a high amount of responsibilities for both customer project management and execution
- Organize, set up and configure ANYmal in new environments with specific customer needs around the world
- Represent ANYbotics and showcase ANYmal at events and fairs internationally
- Be a technical point of contact for our leading worldwide industrial customers, provide technical support and consult customers on feasibility and requirements for their projects
- Deal directly with customers, gather their feedback and collaborate with them as input to our development teams to share your learnings
- Educate new ANYmal users in our training sessions and help them set up their projects
- Keep up to date with the fast paced development of our robotic platform and develop tools and adaptations for customer specific solutions
- Engineering or science education with a focus on robotics, mechatronics, mechanical or electrical engineering, computer science or comparable degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate)
- You have +2 years of experience in software development, ideally in the field of robotics or embedded software
- Ideally multiple years of experience as a Field Application Engineer and been working with mobile robots
- You are familiar with Linux and the routine use of the command line
- You have a customer mindset, you place the customer at the center of decision-making and strive to create a positive and satisfying experience
- Ability to understand new systems quickly and to grasp complex frameworks
- Know-how in hardware (mechanical or electrical) prototyping
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Ability to travel internationally for 50%, sometimes also on weekends (time to be compensated)
- Adventurous personality with willingness to work in various industrial environments
- Python and C++ as a plus
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge in networks
- Driver license class B
- German language skills
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
See more open positions at ANYbotics
Something looks off?