Industrialization Engineer / Autonomous Robots
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self driven Industrialization Engineer to join our Operations team. In this role you will contribute with your experience and know-how and also further develop your skills as we rapidly grow our operations with new products and production setup. You will shape the industrialization of our ANYmal robots from early stages in the development up to production readiness with a focus on scaling to series production. Your contributions will have Real Impact to drive optimized cost, quality and on-time delivery across the whole lifecycle of our ANYmal robots. If you strive for excellence in everything you do, we want to talk to you.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our products enable autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, as well as all software to enable world-class mobility, autonomy and AI driven inspection insights. We have proven the technology and the business impact to our customers in long-term pilot projects and are scaling-up sales of our commercial solution.
- Plan and manage industrialization projects for our products from development into series production
- Specify and implement production technologies, optimized assembly and test procedures, quality documentation and tooling in our production setup
- Manage the design, production and technical knowledge transfer to manufacturing outsourcing partners
- Actively contribute during development projects to secure best possible scale-up into series production
- Manage the product master data along along the whole product life-cycle including engineering changes
- Contribute to the development of our internal industrialization processes as well as the PLM infrastructure
- Support the analysis of non conformities and propose related product or process optimizations
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in mechanical or electronics engineering, mechatronics, or system engineering (or equivalent industry experience)
- Hands-on experience in industrialization, engineering and/or manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical products with proven track record across the whole product lifecycle
- Good technical knowledge of manufacturing methods and associated documentation of electronics and mechanical systems
- Experienced in CAD, PDM/PLM and ERP systems
- Highly proactive and persistent in managing the interfaces between engineering and operations
- Very good negotiation skills to solve technical, project related and quality topics with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication in English and German
- Experience in Design for Excellence (DfX) initiatives
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
- Experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.