Robotics System Integration QA Lead
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are seeking a product-centric leader to shape our testing efforts to enable the highest quality in what our engineering organization continuously develops and delivers. This directly influences a core company metric: Operational product reliability. Our industrial-grade robotic solutions are created with contributions from hardware, software, verification, and operations teams. You will take full responsibility to shape our development and testing approaches (involving both hardware and software aspects) towards achieving ever-improving product quality and its associated tracking systems and metrics (note: this position is only remotely concerned with production quality assurance). The role demands not just an in-depth capacity to understand modern mechatronic hardware/software systems and their respective development processes, but also necessitates a strong product-oriented way of interpreting reliability and quality.
We value modern development and testing methodologies, automation of testing, and quality-aware development.
This role reports directly to our company leadership and must be effective across multiple departments. We envision you as a strong technical/functional leader able to clearly guide ANYbotics’s efforts for hiqh-quality software and hardware testing. We want to be among the world’s best at testing complex mechatronic systems in a futuristic manner. You will interface with a group of software and hardware engineers, however, we do not expect you to be a team lead (i.e. no line management responsibility).
The Market & Our Technology
We transform industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our products enable autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, as well as all software to enable world-class mobility, autonomy and AI driven inspection insights. We have proven the technology and the business impact to our customers in long-term pilot projects and are scaling-up sales of our commercial solution.
- Shape our development and testing efforts towards ever-increasing operational product reliability
- Guide and create automation, dataflows and associated structures for automated testing, reporting, and tracking of relevant quality metrics and KPIs
- Interface between development and our product management roles, helping to set quality targets, determine specifications, and communicate our development and testing efforts to internal and external stakeholders
- You have a clear vision of how mechatronic/robotic systems should be tested now and in the future
- Several years of experience in a mechatronic or robotic development environment with a clear exposure to systems reliability, testing, verification, or development quality are a must
- A university degree in engineering or science, preferably in the areas of computer science, electrical engineering or robotics
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities, strong in structuring and prioritizing complex problems
- You are able to align engineering and cross-functional teams to deliver excellent outcomes
- You are able to think in outcomes, set clear goals and independently achieve those goals
- Your work continuously creates value in the greater ecosystem beyond your own core area of work and responsibility
- Proven product-oriented mindset, i.e., customer empathy and an understanding for how customers, product insights and development interact
- Excellent visual communicator fluent in English (both written and spoken), and strong in digital collaboration
- You are hands-on enough at times to directly automate elements of our development and testing
- You’re skilled at finding relevant ways to test and improve a product/system
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
See more open positions at ANYbotics
Something looks off?