Systems Software Engineer / Autonomous Robots
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
To make our robots smarter, more robust and user friendly, we take FULL RESPONSIBILITY and constantly come up with new ways to optimize the performance and skills of our robots. We are looking for a Systems Software Engineer to join our Systems & Infrastructure team to drive the implementation of a large range of software development projects and create real impact for our ANYmal advancement. Our team provides the glue between hardware, applications, and the user. This entails collaborating with locomotion, navigation and perception experts to track robot health, improve automatic error handling, autonomous operation and customer data integration. If you want to join a fast-paced software engineering and development team in the field of robotics and actively contribute to the further development of our robot, we look forward to meeting you soon.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- Design software frameworks and tools for smart error handling, task planning/scheduling, data integration and more
- Implement and test said frameworks and optimize for deployment on customer robots
- Design and implement software configuration management for our in-house and remote robots
- Enhance the autonomy and reliability of our robotic inspection missions
- Improve and maintain the existing software stack
- University degree in engineering or science with a focus on computer science, electrical engineering or robotics
- Strong skills in designing and writing unit tested, high quality C++ and Python code
- Experience with developing under/with Linux / Ubuntu, git (gitlab) and gtest/gmock
- Ability to work out a detailed design for a feature idea
- Passion for grasping the behavior of a complex robotic system and its implications and constraints
- Excitement for hands-on and cross-functional teamwork
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with ROS, DDS, (g)RPC, and/or databases
- Experience with advanced cloud technologies (kubernetes)
- Advanced knowledge of Linux systems, networking and their configuration
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
See more open positions at ANYbotics
Something looks off?