Robotics Test Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to collaborate closely with our Systems & Behavior team to push the boundaries of robot reliability. You will build and maintain test infrastructures for simulation- and hardware-in-the-loop testing to identify and fix defects early in the development cycle. Together with a group of test automation engineers you’ll take Full Responsibility to be a key driver in building upon our modern CI/CD pipeline, a state-of-the-art simulation environment and three big testing spaces at our offices. With your expert knowledge in software quality assurance and test automation, you enable our software developers to rigorously test their contributions (testing new features on the robot and writing tests is one of their core responsibilities). Join our software engineering Ateam and Build the Future of Robotics.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
- Drive the ongoing transition from manual to automated testing for fast, high-quality software releases
- Support the engineering teams with your expert knowledge in testing and automation
- Extend our hardware-in-the-loop testing framework integrated into our CI/CD pipeline
- Write and maintain test software to automate test execution, data collection and data analysis
- Help maintain and extend the testing facilities at ANYbotics
- Engineering or science education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate)
- Strong background in software quality assurance and excellent knowledge of test automation
- Experience in hardware-in-the-loop testing of mechatronic systems (e.g. building test benches)
- Proficient with Linux and common tools
- Good command of Python scripting
- Excellent communication skills in English
- You have a passion for robots, a "get it done" attitude and aren't afraid of hands-on tasks when needed (e.g help 3D print/screw a testing setup, write a cool script)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. GitlabCI, Jenkins), C++ and ROS is a plus
- Good knowledge of unit testing frameworks (e.g. gtest, pytest)
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.