R&D Electrical Engineer / Robotics
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for an R&D Electrical Engineer / Robotics (80 - 100%) to join our team of PIONEERS and robot enthusiasts. We develop custom hardware/electronic solutions which ultimately enable our robot to perform its inspection and maintenance tasks repeatedly and reliably. You will play a pivotal role in bringing new technologies to our systems, directly influencing manufacturing costs and scalability, all the while promoting a culture of fast learning. The complexity of our robots requires careful orchestration of multiple disciplines, thus a lively collaboration of experts in the fields of mechanical, software and production engineering is essential for the success of our products. We are passionate about deploying excellent robotics systems and take full responsibility for the quality of our hardware design.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- Take a major role in the introduction of novel technologies to the electrical systems of our robot. For example: integration of new computing modules, sensors, telecommunication systems, battery management and battery charging systems, among others
- Strongly contribute to robotics/electronics-oriented projects aimed at leaping forward the scalability, reliability and performance of our robotic systems while simultaneously reducing production costs
- Incorporate design for manufacturing approaches into our systems and collaborate with production experts to de-risk core manufacturing and sourcing aspects of the solutions early on the technology development process
- Support a culture of fast learning and de-risking of new technologies while continuously finding creative ways to speed up the development process
- Manage partnerships with external engineering companies and universities to expand our technology de-risking capabilities
- Master’s or PhD degree from a University or University of Applied Sciences
- A minimum of 2 years of industrial experience with a proven track record in electrical engineering-related technology development projects, including solid acquaintance with design and testing of complex multi-layered boards and state-of-the-art PCBA design tools
- Solid ability to verify and troubleshoot electronic systems with a hands-on approach and using standard and advanced electrical measurement equipment
- Experience with design of all or some of these systems: 1) carrier boards for embedded computers; 2) high-speed communication circuits, including signal integrity; 3) telecommunication (WiFi 4G/5G); 4) battery powered solutions; 5) power management and power distribution
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Experience with mechatronic hardware systems
- Embedded system programming
- ROS/ROS2 knowledge
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.