Embedded Software-Electrical Engineer / ANYmal
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for a Firmware/Electrical Engineer to join our team of PIONEERS and robot enthusiasts. You will develop firmware and custom electronic solutions which ultimately enable our ANYmal robot to perform inspection and maintenance tasks repeatedly and reliably. In addition, the complexity of our robots requires careful orchestration of multiple disciplines, thus a lively collaboration of experts in the fields of software, electrical and mechanical engineering is essential for the success of our products. We are passionate about deploying excellent robotics systems and take full responsibility for the quality of our designs. Together we Build the Future of Robotics.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- Take ownership of embedded software for our robotic subsystems (e.g. actuators, power & sensor management electronics, etc.) and the associated hardware quality assurance equipment
- Design, improve and maintain embedded software frameworks and tools used at the interface between hardware and software, namely: low level communication protocols (e.g. ethercat, UART, SPI, TCP/IP, etc.), communication with robotic higher-level drivers and general analog/digital signal processing, among others
- Implement said frameworks following our best practices and test the resulting code with a hands-on approach, verifying on-the-hardware the correct operation of the system
- Drive investigations around firmware/hardware-related issues autonomously
- Suggest and occasionally implement modifications to our custom electronic circuits
- Degree in electrical engineering or robotics from a University or University of Applied Sciences
- A minimum of 2 years of industrial experience with a proven track record in relevant activities
- Strong skills in designing and writing high quality C, C++ and Python code
- Experience with developing under/with Linux / Ubuntu and git
- Experience understanding electrical circuit schematics and comfortable using standard electrical measurement equipment
- Excitement for hands-on and cross-functional teamwork
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Custom electronics and PCB design knowledge
- Experience with ROS/ROS2
- Experience with mechatronic systems
- Experience designing/programming quality assurance equipment
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.