Head of Interfaces & Data
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 120 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a people and organizational leader, you will steer the continued growth and evolution of this group of talented engineers into a strong department capable of delivering valuable end-user solutions. We have named this emerging department Interfaces and Data, responsible for the exciting work of designing and delivering end-user applications, APIs, our suite of web-based user interfaces and data interaction solutions to users and/or other web services.
Under your leadership, the department will achieve new levels of human-robot interaction via our main GUI Workforce®, provide interfaces and tools for our users and customers to better leverage data and create excellent end-user applications with seamless workflows. An essential part of achieving this vision includes expanding and fortifying our collaborative solution creation and delivery with partners.
In essence, the deliveries of your department will be ANYbotics’ main scalable business driver as we deploy hundreds, then thousands of robots worldwide in the coming years.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms the industrial sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach (see our case studies in Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Railways, Wind Energy, Mining, Construction). Our customers are large asset operators and service providers of industrial plants pioneering robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our solution enables autonomous routine inspections and monitoring of large-scale industrial facilities for increased safety and productivity. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and software to achieve world-class mobility, autonomy, and inspection capabilities, often based on AI. We have proven the technology and the business impact on our customers in long-term pilot projects. We are now scaling the commercialization of our solution(s) and deploying directly into operation at customer facilities worldwide.
ANYbotics is a leading robotics company specializing in advanced autonomous systems. With a successful Series B financing round recently closed, we are poised for rapid growth and international expansion. Our mission is to create the autonomous workforce of the future by creating amazing robotic solutions with cutting-edge technology and innovation. As we embark on this exciting journey, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Interfaces and Data to join our team and help us shape the future of robotics. We are a company that discovers and learns, fosters a responsible and collaborative culture, thinks in outcomes and promotes leadership.
- Team evolution and ecosystem leadership - a small team of engineers grows into a set of strong teams, able to design and deploy industry-leading end-user applications and data solutions. Your contributions additionally make the ecosystem around you (e.g. company, division) stronger.
- Hiring - you are able to find, attract, recognize, convince and retain top engineering talent
- Efficient development - your department invests in the right amount of design vs. development, hit performance metrics and we remain excellent at making build, buy or partner decisions under your leadership
- Ecosystem knowledge - you bring and actively enrich ANYbotic’s knowledge in some core areas like: web applications, IoT, cloud services and infrastructure, data platforms/asset management systems
- Facilitating and planning - you can lead complex planning and decision-making processed towards clear, connected outcomes
- Remote work and leadership - you can engage and grow team members/teams across multiple locations and are able to establish and grow remote teams
- Excellent at leading leaders and at your core you are a people lead. You have created capable leaders and established teams / sets of teams. Through people you build and operate excellent organizational units that create great products and solutions
- Strong at interpreting and translating business requirements from relevant external sources into strategic, business and/or technical requirements for your department/team(s)
- Strong at goal setting, facilitating planning processes towards convergence on clear outcomes and achieving measurable results
- Strong at building partnership relationships, reaching agreements and leading partners to achieve results with and for your department
- Capable in technology and engineering development, able to engage with engineers and contribute to engineering design and implementation
- Capable of advancing data engineering and business intelligence within the department and company
- Through your leadership and execution you and your team(s) have succeeded in delivering and maintaining a product that has achieved significant adoption (e.g. millions of B2C users, new multi-million revenue, positively disrupted a field, became an industry standard)
- An education in management, business administration or similar
- Formal leadership, team leadership training
- Formal training in a development methodology e.g. Scale Agile Framework
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.