Locomotion Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a Locomotion Software Engineer you will play a crucial role in making autonomous robots a reality. This is your chance to apply cutting edge technologies to solve real-world problems in robotics, achieving unprecedented reliability and robustness. You will join a fast-paced, goal-driven team of world-class experts in control and locomotion. With your work and vision, you will help advance the state of the art in robotics and industrial inspection.
Market & Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the (renewable) energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, to perform jobs and deliver high-quality, consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware
- Develop reliable and robust locomotion controllers for complex industrial environments
- Design novel locomotion algorithms based on state-of-the-art research
- Improve and maintain our control software stack, including our reinforcement learning framework and its associated tools
- Writing high-quality C++ and Python packages with unit and integration tests
- Consult with the hardware development team on specifications.
- Participation in planning, organization and tracking of personal and team objectives and tasks
- Writing precise and effective software documentation
- Contribute to shape our long term development roadmap
- Strong C++ programming skills, able to write high-quality, testable and well-documented code
- Strong at implementing state-of-the-art control algorithms
- Strong at self-coordination, working towards a goal and achieving outcomes
- Fluent using spatial algebra, rigid-body kinematics and dynamics in software
- Capable of formulating clear requirements and explaining complex problems to others
- Capable of writing Python libraries and programs
- Engineering or science degree with a strong focus on robotics or related disciplines
- You are already experienced with ROS
- You have experience implementing RL algorithms for robotics (locomotion, manipulation, navigation….)
- You have experience writing production-ready C++ code for real-time control
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.