Senior AI Engineer - Locomotion
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a Senior AI Engineer - Locomotion you will play a crucial role in making autonomous robots a reality. This is your chance to apply cutting edge technologies to solve real-world problems in robotics, achieving unprecedented reliability and robustness. You will join a fast-paced, goal-driven team of world-class experts in control and locomotion. Additionally, as part of our Formal Expert Group in Artificial Intelligence, you will contribute to the company strategy via our technological roadmap. With your work and vision, you will help advance the state of the art in robotics and industrial inspection.
Market & Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the (renewable) energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, to perform jobs and deliver high-quality, consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware
- Lead the design of novel reinforcement learning algorithms for locomotion
- Develop reliable and robust locomotion controllers for complex industrial environments
- Improve and maintain our control software stack, including our reinforcement learning framework and its associated tools
- Writing high-quality Python and C++ packages with unit and integration tests
- Consult with the hardware development team on specifications
- Participation in planning, organization and tracking of personal and team objectives and tasks
- Writing precise and effective software documentation
- Contribute to shape our long term development roadmap
- Excellent at training others in the state of the art of machine learning for robotics
- Excellent at writing Python for machine learning, using libraries like PyTorch, Tensorflow, …
- Strong at designing, implementing and improving reinforcement learning pipelines for robotics
- Strong at coordinating yourself and others, working towards a goal and achieving outcomes
- Strong vision on how to apply recent research advances into industrial use cases
- Capable of formulating clear requirements and explaining complex problems to others
- Capable of working effectively in a Linux environment
- Engineering or science degree with a strong focus on robotics or machine learning
- You are already experienced with modern C++ and/or ROS
- You have applied reinforcement learning to train and deploy on real robots.
- You have a good understanding of state-of-the-art algorithms for robot locomotion
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.