Experimental Specialist Verification Engineer
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for a Verification Engineer with an experimental physics or engineering background to join our A-team of product developers and robot enthusiasts. You will work closely with our Product Development and R&D Engineers to ensure the reliability and functionality of our robots by taking ownership of a variety of measurement and testing techniques across many fields, such as: impacts, vibrations, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics. Such measurements are used by engineers to identify root causes and improve the quality and reliability of our product. As part of your mission, you will actively identify areas for improvement in our testing techniques and develop innovative methodologies and tools. You have a natural curiosity and enjoy all aspects of working in a laboratory, including the maintenance of our instruments and the health of our test environments. Effective communication is key in this role, as you will be collaborating with a diverse team of professionals. Ultimately, you will play a vital role in enhancing the quality of our products by contributing to the development of new tools and capabilities, and by constantly seeking to improve our verification processes.
The Market & Our Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
- Validate mechatronic designs and systems with a fact-based approach
- Design, utilize and maintain test facilities, instruments and rigs
- Ensure the correct usage and functioning of our measurement tools and sensors
- Establish highest quality standard of our testing techniques and methodologies
- Collaborate with the product, R&D and software teams on system validation
- Assisting engineers on the use of testing equipment, techniques and know-hows
- Oversee the day to day lab operations and assisting our engineers in their testing efforts
- You achieved a University degree in physics or engineering with a focus on experimental techniques and mechatronic testing
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in an experimental physics or mechanical engineering environments
- Experience working with industrial sensors and laboratory tools, such as: accelerometers and strain gauges, thermocouples, pressure sensors, DAQ, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Broad theoretical knowledge of test setup and ability to perform hands-on calculations in the fields of: impacts and vibrations; thermodynamics and fluid dynamics (gasses and liquids)
- Familiarity in working in both mechanical and electrical engineering laboratory environments
- Familiarity in supervising and overseeing the day to day laboratory operations
- Excellent language skills in English, both oral and in written
- Knowledge of material behaviors, dynamic and fatigue fracture mechanics
- Experience in dealing with sensor suppliers
- Experience in coding in python or similar (e.g. matlab, mathematica and labview) for data analysis in testing
- Familiarity with CAD systems and engineering drawings
We value candidates from all walks of life and encourage those of diverse or underprivileged backgrounds to apply.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.