Perception Software Engineer
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Join our team as a Perception Software Engineer and be at the forefront of robotic technology innovation. Your expertise in perception algorithms and software development will be crucial in enhancing the capabilities of our robots. You will play an integral role in developing software that enables our robots to interact with and understand their environment with remarkable precision and intelligence. This position offers the unique opportunity to work in a world-class multidisciplinary team and contribute significantly to groundbreaking projects that will redefine the potential of robotic systems in many industries.
As we move towards deploying an increasing number of autonomous robots, the need for sophisticated and robust perception systems is more critical than ever. Your contributions will be vital in ensuring that our robots are not only reliable but also capable of performing complex tasks in diverse environments. By joining us, you will be Building the Future of Robotics, impacting the evolution of our products, and enhancing the capabilities of our robotic platforms.
Market & Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the (renewable) energy, process, and utility sectors by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance to perform jobs and deliver high-quality, consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- Develop and optimize perception algorithms for complex industrial environments, enhancing the robot’s ability to understand and interact with varying surroundings
- Maintain and improve our perception software stack, focusing on robustness, efficiency, and reliability
- Support the development of large-scale data-driven testing infrastructure for our perception stack
- Ensure that ANYbotics stays up to date with the latest advancements in perception technologies and apply this knowledge to enhance our new and existing products
- Participation in planning, organization, and tracking of personal and team objectives and tasks
- Writing precise and effective software documentation
- Contribute to shaping our long-term development roadmap
- Strong proficiency in C++ & Python programming, capable of writing high-quality, testable, and well-documented code.
- Strong and effective communication skills for formulating clear requirements and explaining complex problems.
- Strong at self-coordination, working towards a goal and achieving outcomes
- Capable of implementing advanced perception algorithms in robotic systems
- Capable of designing and implementing data-driven tests, as well as implementing deep learning pipelines, for our perception systems
- Engineering or science degree with a focus on computer science, electrical engineering or robotics
- Experience with ROS 2
- Experience working with real robots (or other mechatronic systems)
- Experience with optimization frameworks
- Experience with sensor calibration
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.