Sensor Engineer - Evolving Robotic Perception
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 130 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
As a Sensor Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in advancing the capabilities of our current and future robots. Your expertise in sensor technology will be pivotal in selecting and integrating both hardware and software components, ensuring our robots perform with unprecedented reliability and efficiency. You will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with various departments, influencing the development of futuristic robots that will make a significant impact in many industries.
You will play a crucial role in making autonomous robots a reality. As we deploy hundreds, then thousands of robots in the coming years, our customers and world will only adopt robots that are extremely reliable and performant. Join our team and bring to life the future of robotics in a multi-disciplinary, product-oriented and awesome #Ateam.
Market & Technology
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the (renewable) energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, to perform jobs and deliver high-quality, consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
- Evaluate and select sensor solutions for the next-generation robot
- Drive hardware and software integration of sensors into prototype robots
- Derive sensor requirements from product requirements
- Develop and execute comprehensive testing plans to ensure the performance, reliability, and robustness of the robot's new sensor set
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and production engineers, to bring the new robot platform from concept to production
- Ensure that ANYbotics stays up to date with the latest advancements in sensor technology and apply this knowledge to enhance our new and existing products
- Contribute to documentation, and guidelines for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent expertise with different sensor technologies (especially cameras but also lidar, iToF, etc… ) and its hardware and software integration
- Strong ability to work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and to grasp the behavior of a complex product like our robotic system and expand this understanding to others
- Strong C++ programming skills, able to write testable and well-documented code for firmware and drivers
- Strong at self-coordination, working towards a goal, and achieving outcomes
- Capable of writing simple libraries and scripts for data analysis in Python
- Capable of designing and running tests on complex mechatronic systems
- Engineering or science degree with a focus on computer science, electrical engineering, or robotics
- Experience with ROS and/or robotics algorithms
- Experience with GMSL2 interfaces
- Experience with Nvidia Jetson computing platforms
- Experience with functional safety and its implementation into complex systems
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.