About the role
Coda is looking for an experienced security engineer who is passionate about protecting customer data, designing & developing security features, setting company wide policies, driving our Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives, and helping make your fellow employees successful. If you are passionate about Security and excited to work on all parts of Security including building security features, finding security vulnerabilities and creating scalable processes, we'd love to hear from you! You will report into our Head of Information Security.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and support security features
- Design and develop systems and processes to secure Coda infrastructure
- Drive Secure Development Lifecycle initiatives like establishing best-practice security policies across the company, threat model reviews & security-focused code reviews
- Manage our public bug bounty and third party pen-test programs
- Collaborate with cross-function teams to provide guidance on security
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math
- 5+ years experience in web application security
- Knowledge of web-based security protocols & frameworks
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and cryptography
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure with a particular focus on security (IAM, Role-based security, etc)
How we care for our Codans!
We are committed to providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. Check out our compensation philosophy. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role's scope and complexity, and your experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided: $125,000 - $250,000. This role is eligible for remote work anywhere within the United States.
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers many benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Optional Remote or in-office work
Cell & Internet Subsidy
Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is important to our success as a company, and we recruit, develop and retain the most experienced people from a diverse candidate pool.