Content Writer (FR & ENG)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
We’re the world's leading carsharing platform, with millions of users around the world, sharing thousands of cars in over 950 cities across 8 countries.
Our mission is simple: Make our cities better places to live through carsharing.
Carsharing empowers people to move in a smarter and more sustainable way: studies show that one shared car replaces between 4 and 10 privately owned cars, which frees up space in our cities while giving communities 24/7 access to cars when they need them.
With our connected car technology, users can quickly and easily book and unlock a wide variety of vehicles directly from our app, without ever having to meet anyone in person, carry an access card, wait in line, or coordinate picking up keys.
To reach our vision of a world where all cars are shared, we need a strong team to help us disrupt car ownership. We look for people who are curious, positive, and engaged; who can adapt and learn quickly; who have the skills and smarts to reach their goals autonomously, while having the generosity and mindset to work collaboratively. No matter your role, background, or level of experience, we believe that every member of the team can have an impact.
We’re extremely proud to be certified a “Great Place to Work” since 2022!
- As we strengthen our brand, awareness and consideration efforts, we want to make Getaround more vocal across our different markets. We are looking for a versatile and creative content writer (FR & ENG) who will help us craft powerful and differentiating pieces of content to promote Getaround in the EU region, educate on carsharing, and engage with our communities of car owners and drivers.
- You’ll be working within the global brand & content team in the Paris office and in contact with various internal stakeholders (CRM, Social, PR, Product, Operations, Public affairs, Customer Service ...).
- You'll be part of the Global Marketing team and report directly to Thomas, our Global Head of Brand and Content.
What you'll do:
- As a Content Writer, you’ll tell compelling stories about our brand, service, and company that increase awareness and consideration of Getaround, connect with our audience, and build brand loyalty and trust. But you’ll also contribute to the conceptualization of our advertising campaigns and impulse creativity wherever you can.
- Help define and execute our content strategy, creating content adapted to our audiences that gets measurable results in line with our business goals, including emails (for our drivers and owners communities), blog articles, social posts, catchlines, marketing material (brochures, thought leadership pieces, studies…), top funnel creative such as youtube etc. and performance channels such as Meta creative
- Contribute to building our editorial strategy & calendar in proposing ideas for themes, subjects and examples of content that will help us build a strong and appealing brand.
- Ensure the follow-up of these communication supports, from their design to their delivery, in connection with our designers and the rest of the marketing team.
- Craft catchy copy for brand marketing and awareness campaigns that explain our service in a compelling way, adapting the message to fit the medium - from homepage, to digital ads, to OOH billboards, to radio and videos.
- Work on the conception of impactful advertising activations (especially on social networks) and their deployment from storytelling to production, hand in hand with the design team or external resources.
- Imagine and develop new types of video content or animated assets for our social media in coordination with our social media manager and brand designers. Source profiles, stories and data, write impactful scripts, run interviews and help on the conception and editing of the assets.
- Contribute to the writing of briefs and debriefs for our agencies as part of the production of assets and campaigns.
- Be the editorial referent for all incoming requests (e.g. text for a tradeshow, proofreading of app notifications, advice on customer service communication...), and the guardian of our editorial guidelines and tone of voice across departments (including Customer support, Operations, Corporate communications).
- Contribute to defining our tone of voice and make it evolve over the course of our development.
Content strategy and production:
Tone of voice & editorial guidelines
What you'll bring:
- At least 5 years of experience in content creation or copywriting for a brand, an advertising agency or a publisher.
- Great writing and editing skills (in both English and French) combined with a passion for creativity and crafting impactful pieces of content / advertising campaigns
- A passion for telling captivating stories through words, and an understanding of how copy and design work hand-in-hand
- Good knowledge of pop and advertising culture, new social trends (e.g. TikTok) across different markets in Europe.
- Curious, versatile and ability to execute fast & well
- Nice to have:
- Interest or previous experience in the mobility sector and/or the sharing economy
- Experience working in a fast-growing tech start-up environment
- Good ability to multitask and manage priorities of various stakeholders in a global organization
- Content creation experience on personal social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok)
- Skills or interest in video creation & editing, photography, music
Portfolio and examples of previous content production are more than welcome!
Why join us:
- 🌎 Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with global headquarters in San Francisco and an office in Oslo. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Getaround.
- 🌱 The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 5 self-owned cars.
- 🧠 A place to learn and grow with weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), optional annual training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- 🌐 An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- 🏡 A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 3 days of remote work per week.
- 📝 A monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- 🤝 Getaround is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity, equity and inclusion of all our Getarounders
- 🗓 A €200 annual credit and unlimited 20% vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- 💫 Health insurance
- 🍽 A Swile lunch card
- 💻 Apple equipment
Come join us!