Product Designer, Inventory & Connectivity
Product Designer, Inventory & Connectivity
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, people from all over the world have booked more than 135 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 800 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 18 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
As a Product Designer in our Supplier domain, you'll contribute to an essential Supplier-focused tooling. Our Inventory Team owns large portions of the Supplier portal, including Pricing and Availability management. You will work closely with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager in the Inventory team to design industry-leading partner experiences in this complex and high-impact domain. The Team's mission is to provide access to industry-leading pricing and availability information. Our responsibilities include Availability and Supplier Agenda, Pricing and Deals, BoxOffice, Manual Ticket Upload Tools, and the Ticket Inventory Management service.
- You will develop a strategic user-centered point of view on our products, advocate for user needs, and collaboratively evangelize your vision.
- You will develop and iterate on outstanding UX design solutions across the web, native apps, and other surfaces.
- You will explore complex design challenges with various approaches and techniques to help your team orient in the problem spaces.
- You will be a primary contributor with UX researchers to plan strategic research initiatives and execute testing of your designs.
- You will contribute to actionable user insights from data and qualitative research and apply them to your UX design decisions.
- You will contribute to, apply, and maintain Compass, the GetYourGuide design system, to drive consistency in our products and user experience.
- You will be active in product reviews and provide constructive feedback to strengthen your peers' decision-making skills and quality of work.
- You will primarily collaborate with content designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to solve customer problems and improve our user experience.
- You will collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to ensure a high-quality bar in the final implementation.
- You'll be a primary thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with end-to-end product design in a start-up, SMB, a large company with a digital offering, or a design consulting agency;
- You have a demonstrable problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output and applying user feedback or multivariate testing tools to validate the hypothesis;
- You have a proven track record in leading medium design projects that demonstrate a user-centered approach and high-quality deliverables;
- You can bring examples that demonstrate an understanding of and ability to contribute to visual design, including branding, composition, and UI components;
- You have complete familiarity with designing for multiple platforms, including Web, iOS, and Android, and with approaches and methodologies such as responsive design or mobile-first;
- You have a demonstrable ability to bring ideas to life through prototyping through simple click-thru mock-ups;
- You have a demonstrable ability to present design concepts and final designs, articulate the decision rationale behind them, and build a product vision;
- You have a demonstrable ability to be proactive and utterly comfortable with working autonomously;
- You have experience working closely with cross-disciplinary product teams, including Product Managers and Engineers.
- You have a history of solid communication, and collaboration with other functional roles is essential;
- You have a demonstrable understanding of how UX impacts business objectives and KPIs;
- You have a portfolio of case studies showcasing relevant work that illustrates your process and approach to UX design.
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you.
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions worldwide. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English using the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process, and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.