VP, Portfolio Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, and data activity monitoring and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
• Customers simplify operations, improve data security, and unlock data’s value. Customers include:
Roche – Saved $50M by securely operationalizing data products and saving inventory.
Thomson Reuters - Faster access to Snowflake data and a 60x increase in data usage resulting in greater productivity.
Swedbank – 3x time saved setting up data security and self-service policy authoring. 2x more data use cases. 5x improvement in process efficiency.
JB Hunt – Increased permitted use cases for cloud analytics by 100% by managing access to 100+ databases while achieving cost savings.
• Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst. Immuta was recognized as the Snowflake Data Security Partner of the Year in June 2023.
• Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine and BuiltIn as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
• $267 million in total funding. Lead investors include NightDragon, Snowflake, and Databricks, along with additional funding from ServiceNow, Citi Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital, DFJ Growth, IAG, Intel Capital, March Capital, Okta Ventures, StepStone, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Wipro Ventures.
• A hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Immuta is experiencing exceptional growth, and we have a leadership opening to help guide our GTM and messaging strategy. Our VP of Portfolio Marketing will help position and promote our full product portfolio, driving topline revenue, market share, adoption, and retention of Immuta products through exceptional and differentiated marketing - directly and in close partnership with our ecosystem partners. Reporting to the CMO, this strategic position is central to the short and long-term success of Immuta’s data security platform. The VP of Portfolio Marketing will lead a team of Product Marketing professionals in building the ‘connective tissue’ between our GTM teams (sales, alliances, product, and customer success). This team is responsible for category positioning, messaging, value proposition development, Solution design, packaging, and delivering our product to the market in close collaboration with our ecosystem partners and direct teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for planning and bringing new products and solutions to market, from successful launch and early adoption to market leadership.
- Partner with leaders across Marketing, Product, Sales, Partners, and Customer Success to drive strategic product category initiatives that shape the growth trajectory of Immuta's product portfolio.
- Develop and evolve a compelling portfolio narrative, messaging, and value proposition for Immuta across the ecosystems and personae critical for Immuta's long-term success.
- Be the Immuta portfolio category expert and work with the sales teams and broader GTM teams to develop sales plays and programs through the lens of industry, solutions, and ecosystem partners that help drive net new pipeline and expand into existing accounts.
- Partner with internal thought leaders and marketing to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market to drive top-of-funnel awareness and compelling full-pipeline narratives.
- Be responsible for ensuring that our external assets, demos, and videos showcase the full value of the Immuta portfolio
- Be responsible for ensuring that our sellers are equipped with the messaging and content they need to effectively establish preference, urgency, and value for Immuta.
- Ensure we are effectively engaging our global partner ecosystem to drive adoption, increase attach rates, and embed into reference architectures in order to accelerate Immuta customer acquisition, expansion, and category leadership
- Lead a small but growing team of Product Marketers to do great work, drive revenue impact, and be sought out for help.
- A leader who is passionate about building great product experiences that attract and delight customers
- A functional expert and leader that can balance customer needs, market opportunities, competitive dynamics, and business to deliver results
- A deep understanding of the Cloud data ecosystem, use cases, and competitive dynamics
- Ability to context shift without missing a beat and play the Individual contributor role when needed, as well as chart the path forward as a leader and company executive
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative DNA
- 15+ years of product, solution, and industry marketing experience
- 8+ years of senior leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and translating market needs into product narratives via compelling positioning and messaging
- Proven experience in launching new products into a complex and fast-moving ecosystem
- Ability to build compelling solutions and industry content that aligns with GTM and Sales execution strategies
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a fast-changing environment; ability to prioritize effectively and make things happen
- Strong ability to influence and work cross-functionally and lead across functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple channels
- Proven ability to excite and lead a team into action
- A leader focused on creating a great employee experience for each team member, empowering their development, and setting them up to exceed their potential
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.