Senior Software Engineer, Secure
College Park, MD, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, and data activity monitoring and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
• Customers simplify operations, improve data security, and unlock data’s value. Customers include:
Roche – Saved $50M by securely operationalizing data products and saving inventory.
Thomson Reuters - Faster access to Snowflake data and a 60x increase in data usage resulting in greater productivity.
Swedbank – 3x time saved setting up data security and self-service policy authoring. 2x more data use cases. 5x improvement in process efficiency.
JB Hunt – Increased permitted use cases for cloud analytics by 100% by managing access to 100+ databases while achieving cost savings.
• Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst. Immuta was recognized as the Snowflake Data Security Partner of the Year in June 2023.
• Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine and BuiltIn as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
• $267 million in total funding. Lead investors include NightDragon, Snowflake, and Databricks, along with additional funding from ServiceNow, Citi Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital, DFJ Growth, IAG, Intel Capital, March Capital, Okta Ventures, StepStone, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Wipro Ventures.
• A hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for engineers to join an agile engineering team focused on transforming the way organizations govern and protect one of their most valuable assets: data. As the need for, and the amount of, data grows so does the need for highly scalable, automated access and privacy controls across cloud data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Starburst). Immuta’s Core Policy team creates the technology that allows users to easily author and enforce complex data access controls at scale. You’ll be a key member in helping us continue to grow and innovate in the space of automated data governance and access.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work across the Web and Backend stack to plan and deliver end-to-end solutions for our core Immuta platform.
- Deliver testable, maintainable, readable, and high-quality code.
- Be a part of modernizing and rethinking existing services to increase scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with other squad members to help deliver the best solution possible to our users.
- Help drive the best engineering practices within and beyond our team.
- Learn, grow, and support engineering peers with different domain expertise through code reviews, mentorship, or engineering initiatives.
- Help to make important technical decisions by respectfully bringing your opinion and experience into the conversation with other engineers on the team.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5-7+ years of experience building production-ready software applications.
- Experience building frontend components using a modern framework like Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Experience in thoughtfully building and querying relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- A hunger to work in a diverse environment where collaboration and teamwork is valued.
- A passion for delivering a world class user experience, whether it's a frontend application or an expertly crafted API.
- An interest in utilizing software design patterns to create new complex features that are easy to understand and maintain in addition to re-thinking existing features.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, usage of data structures, understanding complexity, and utilizing design patterns.
- Experience in building multi-tenant, event driven, microservices and DevOps processes/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc. is nice to have but not required
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.