Senior Web Developer
Senior Web Developer
Why Lifesum is your next career move
Hi, this is us!
Lifesum is a leading consumer health tech company that aims to simplify healthy living, helping currently over 60M users around the world improve their lives through healthier and creating sustainable habits. We are building a platform where we motivate and inspire our users to eat better with the help of delightful software.
We are a hybrid global team headquartered in Stockholm, a team of passionate entrepreneurial individuals, working together to build something that truly matters. By working at Lifesum you get the chance to do something good and have a positive impact on millions, helping our users on their individual routes to look and feel better every day.
We want you to share our excitement about the future
The global wellness market is currently valued at $1.5 trillion, and a third of consumers are expected to increase their usage of nutrition apps, diet programs, and subscription food services this year. Why? Because as humans, more and more of us realize that we need to take responsibility for our health and wellness – and that digital is the solution for the individual and society as a whole.
Expanding our team with the right competencies and ambitious people will help us increase what value we provide to people on a global scale. We are now looking for an experienced web developer (5+ years). You will collaborate closely with our cross-functional teams, including product management and marketing, to deliver high-quality digital products to our users.
What you will be working on at Lifesum
Work closely with content creators, app developers, and backend developers to
improve Lifesum, by doing the following:
- Working on our main page, that should get users psyched on downloading the app
- Enhancing our blog/content pages that serve as education for our users and a way to get organic search traffic from Google
- Working on traffic Ad pages that serve as landing pages to get users to download
the app from the app store
- Implement a new design system that Lifesum has adopted
- Craft pages with good UX, accessibility and usability
- Manage our headless cms (datocms), setup data models that enable content
editors to create content.
- Improve the page speed performance of pages
- Do product MVPs that are faster to test on the web
- Monitor and evaluate signup funnel metrics and find opportunities
to increase e.g. signup rate.
- Improve the developer experience of the code bases.
Your experience will be a valuable asset
We would like you to have the following:
- Expertise in React (or some modern component-based framework like vue, svelte, astro)
- CSS experience, preferably familiar with tailwind or css organization patterns like BEM, grid and flexbox
- Understanding of HTML & CSS: Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is
important for any front-end developer, including understanding layout
models, responsiveness, and browser compatibility issues.
- Familiarity with Build Tools: Knowledge of build tools and module bundlers like Webpack, Parcel, Rollup.js, esbuild or turborepo
- Familiar with Git for version control, including branching and pull request workflows.
- Experience with RESTful APIs or GraphQL.
- Data modeling in CMS, we are using datocms, building flexible models that can be used to build nice-looking pages.
- Testing and Debugging: Experience with testing frameworks (like Jest, Mocha, or Jasmine) and libraries (like React Testing Library or Enzyme) is important. You should also be comfortable with debugging tools.
- Knowledge of Performance Optimization: Understanding how to optimize to get a good UX/lighthouse-score
- Experience working with Design systems/Component libraries
- Experienced web developer (5+ years)
It doesn't hurt to have:
- Analytics/tracking a/b testing experience
- Love for ux/design
- Animations with css
We are just getting started
Our mobile apps have more than 60 million registered users worldwide, but our journey in building the worlds leading nutritional platform has just started. We have the foundation to do better and more. Together we are One Team of talented individuals with solution-oriented 'can do' mindset and work to constantly improve the experience of Lifesum. We also not only embrace diversity, but we rely on it to succeed. That’s why we work hard to ensure our team, vendors, and partners are representative of the millions of users we serve.
- • Trust and responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- 30 paid vacation days per year
- Parental pay
- Private health and medical insurance
- Individual training and development budget
- Wellness allowance
- Flexible work
- Great team activities
• Opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects with some of the most successful companies in the world
• Space and support to develop and grow your career
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you and get to know you. Send us your resume right away; tell us why you are interested and why Lifesum feels like the right place for you. Everyone is welcome; we look forward to your application!
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We work as one team
We are team players who collaborate, take responsibility, and want to push forward, change and evolve. We work dedicated to our mission, and curious about what we don't know.
Lifesum is one of the fastest-growing global digital health companies. Our product aims to simplify the path to long-term healthy eating, and our technology motivates users to live a more balanced lifestyle with personalized plans for better and healthier eating. Life is the sum of everything you do.
Senior Web Developer
Already working at Lifesum?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.