Operations Manager, Oslo
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for a results-driven, hands-on, data-driven and entrepreneurial individual to join our team. As an Operations Manager, you will actively support our core business growth in Norway. Your role will be focused primarily on Oslo (one of Lime’s most important markets) but will also stretch occasionally across the wider region.
You will be accountable for keeping the city officials carefree (councilors, mayors, citizens, riders) and working cross-functionally to do so. You will own projects to make improvements or solve problems. This is a unique opportunity where you will get plenty of opportunities to implement your ideas and shape the business as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Ensure Lime delivers an excellent level of service to its customers' cities by delivering on Lime’s goals in these cities and by building a strong relationship with the city representatives.
- Work closely with the Government Relations team at Lime and the city representatives to understand how to localize Lime’s activities and best serve the city's needs.
- Work closely with local operations teams to deliver compliance with Lime’s commitments, and ensure our vehicles are in the right place and at the right time.
- Produce ad-hoc analysis to inform business decisions.
- Proactively lead efforts to align all business interests in guaranteeing City and rider satisfaction under sustainable and efficient operations.
- Build local partnerships and launch new projects to constantly improve the integration of Lime service to the communities Lime serves locally.
- Project manage cross-functional teams including product, software, data analytics, customer research, customer support, and business development in order to deliver on Lime’s commitments to cities.
- Define new processes and best practices to drive operational excellence
- 3+ years of work experience within operations or equivalent roles.
- 1 year of experience guiding a team including providing coaching and performance management.
- Interested in solving novel problems - the role micromobility plays in cities is still being shaped, best practices and solutions are constantly being built, and you could be building solutions the whole company or the whole industry uses.
- Passionate about urban mobility and experienced in managing corporate relationships with public entities at the local or national level.
- Familiarity with bringing multiple parties on board and project managing cross-functional efforts.
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability to deliver precise and meaningful impact.
- Fluent in English and Norweigan.
- Can-do attitude, no task is below you (you could be designing and implementing the zoning for a city one day and then presenting a strategy for the local team the next day).
- Ability to navigate, decode data, use data to build compelling narratives, and build compelling data reports for cities - Excel/Google Sheets fluency required, additional SQL experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An organised individual who can work independently with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.