Engineering Manager, Infrastructure & Security
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Monday, March 27, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our fast-growing infrastructure and security team.
Lime’s global presence and loyal customer-base means our systems are critical transportation infrastructure for many large cities worldwide. Lime systems are technically diverse and technically deep, as is the team that builds them. Our systems range from application back-ends, to firmware, IoT and cloud infrastructure. Our small but mighty team is tackling challenges from communication infrastructure to applied AI, security and developer experience, and we are growing. Although our systems must scale to serve the needs of our customers globally, at Lime we “Think Like a Local”, meaning our systems must conform to a variety of regional infrastructure, regulations, requirements and cultural norms. Lime is making transportation greener, and our systems organization is solving rewarding and challenging problems every day to achieve our mission.
As the Engineering Manager, you will bring a breadth of experience that supports and grows the engineering muscle of a team taking on diverse technical challenges. You will take an engineering-first approach, meaning continuous improvement, systems and structure over heroics, with an eye towards ever increasing reliability and ever lowering cost/risk of continuous innovation. Ideal candidates are curious and able to dive deep when the situation demands it, and it is also necessary to backfill gaps in your expertise so that the team has the technical support it needs to change the way we move about our favorite cities.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and scale the team by attracting, hiring and retaining top talent
- Define the long-term technical roadmap and strategic vision, alongside key stakeholders
- Build foundational systems and platforms to accelerate product innovation
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and contributions to areas such as cloud infra, security, developer experience and IoT platform.
- Optimize and develop effective processes to ensure the right prioritization effective delivery against goals
- Collaborate with XFN and key stakeholders both directly and indirectly
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on cloud infrastructure, developer experience, security or backend development.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing high performing teams of engineers.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Expertise in security best practices and standards (SOC 2, ISO 27001, NIST, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Owner’s mindset with strong execution. Have the passion and drive to apply engineering principles to solve complex, vague and sometimes urgent business problems.
- Experience in partnering with other leads from engineering, product, operations and compliance to craft roadmaps and measures of success.
- Excellent communication and effective prioritization skills in working with competing priorities.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $180,000.00 - $241,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?