Government Relations Manager
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are hiring a Government Relations Manager in ANZ to join Lime's global policy and communications team. In this role, you will own all of Lime's external relationships and focus on deepening Lime's rapport across ANZ. You will make an impact by helping us advance micro-mobility, grow our fleet size across multiple vehicle types, and enter new markets across Australia and New Zealand.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships with community and government stakeholders and communicating the values of our service to regulators, the media and other key constituencies.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup culture. You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and ambition to get things done. You thrive on building relationships and uncover the employee sentiment around current offerings.
This is a remote position; however, the candidate must reside in major cities in either Australia or New Zealand (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland and Wellington). And you will report directly to our Director of Public Policy and Government Affairs, ANZ.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with local councilors, government leaders, businesses, non-profits, community organisations, the media and other prospective partners to effectively carry out Lime's government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritise, and implement strategic paths toward growth in current and future markets across ANZ.
- Partner with organisations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align Lime's social mission in transportation, health, safety, and the environment.
- Collaborate with Lime Policy and Operations leadership teams to develop and put into place a long-term strategy aligned with our priorities while delivering on key metrics for each market.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on field marketing, safety campaigns, and local media activities.
- Act as the face of Lime in the region by participating in media interviews and speaking at public events.
- Analyse and inform regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant experiance in International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- A great advocate: We want someone who can distil complex ideas into simple but intellectually credible arguments. This person should be an exceptional writer and have the creative ability to tell stories - about our product, people, and how we're helping to improve people's lives.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience leading or working in government affairs, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- Excellent English language communications skills and comfortability speaking in public are required.
- A multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment.
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility is preferred.
- Availability to travel at least 33% of the time depending on business needs.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?