Senior Manager, Public Affairs
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Public Affairs to deliver Lime’s policy and public affairs work across UK & Ireland. This is a key role in Lime’s global public policy team, helping to support the growth of Lime’s e-bike and e-scooter services in London and across the UK.
You will join a vibrant and diverse public policy team who share Lime’s vision for new and environmentally friendly transport options. You should have the ability to persuasively express that vision with elected officials, decision makers, local authorities and stakeholders, and have a track record of having done so in the past. It will also be important to be able to empathise with the competing priorities of City and National governments and work with them to ensure micromobility programmes are delivered sensitively, and with broad community support.
The Senior Manager, Public Affairs, will be an instrumental member of our team and there is significant opportunity for growth within the role. Working with others in the team to define what is necessary for Lime to succeed in the UK & Ireland and relaying feedback and suggestions for improvement in our business will be key to success in the role.
What You'll Do:
- Manage relationships with politicians, local authorities, transport partners and third sector stakeholders, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigating potential obstacles and communicating Lime's priorities and approach
- Plan and execute local campaigns on specific issue areas or in specific geographies such as a City or London Borough
- Collaborate closely with other Lime team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities
- Support the company’s work with strategic advisers and local consultants
- Work closely with the wider local policy team to identify growth opportunities and any risks or upcoming policy challenges for Lime
- Partner with organisations, educational institutions and similar groups to align Lime’s social mission with existing transport, health, and environmental community initiatives
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting UK & Ireland markets
- 4+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- A strong understanding of London and UK politics
- Adept at communicating effectively both externally and internally and managing multiple deadlines
- Understanding of how to successfully integrate public affairs strategies into business goals
- Ability to deliver accurate, high quality, work at speed - sometimes under significant time pressures
- Existing transport, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in the UK (Desirable)
- Experience in community organising, political campaign or other grassroots outreach(Desirable)
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?