Director, Global Warehouse Operations
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is looking for a seasoned operational leader to be our Director of Warehouse Operations. We operate a fleet of more than a quarter million vehicles across 33 countries and 300 cities. In all of those places, Lime uses warehouses to store, repair, and charge our fleet. Your job is to partner with our local operators to make those warehouses safe, effective, and efficient.
Given the breadth of Lime’s operational footprint, the Director of Warehouse Operations does not own every warehouse. Instead they run a continuous improvement team that supports local markets in developing and scaling best practices across the globe.
In addition to directly managing a team of skilled analysts, operators, and project managers, you will partner closely with Lime’s product, real estate, hardware, and local ops teams. A great leader for this role will be skilled at building cross-functional consensus and will see themselves as a teacher and a leader.
This role reports to the VP of Global Operations and can sit anywhere Lime operates. Ideally, you’ll be excited to work from your local warehouse 25-50% of the time.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a vision for global warehouse operations in partnership with local GMs, Product, Supply Chain, and others
- Lead and scale a team of 8+ analysts, program managers, and operators
- Own the global performance of Lime’s warehouses including mechanic productivity, quality of repairs, inventory management, safety standards, and real estate footprint
- Make strategic decisions about where to invest, how to scale, and how to be more efficient
- Define the metrics that measure warehouse performance and hold local and cross-functional teams accountable
- Design and lead innovative pilots that keep our warehouse operations on the cutting edge
- Partner with product to define the tech roadmap for warehouse ops
- Travel to local markets 20-30% of the time to understand their needs, check-in on pilots, and build relationships
- Passionate about IRL ops. Well-versed in continuous improvement and lean
- Thinks like a GM - experience managing P&Ls, budgets, financial decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of building high performing, strategic teams
- Experience in helping companies identify strategic improvements in their core business, and in implementing those improvements
- Naturally analytical. Proficiency with SQL a plus
- Effective at influencing others without direct authority
- Great attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field. Masters or above a plus.
- 8+ years ops, product, or consulting experience
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?