Senior Manager, Policy Proposals
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Sr. Manager of Policy Proposals to join our Policy team. In this role, you will play a key role in project managing Lime’s competitive permit applications for the EMEA markets from start to finish, working effectively and efficiently within government relations, operations and other business units as needed.
As a key contributor of Lime’s Central Policy Team, you’ll report to the Director, Policy Proposals. This is an internal-facing position and you’ll be responsible for analyzing procurement documents, creating and implementing project plans and processes, aligning cross-functional teams in support of our proposal needs and timeline, and delivering final products that are fully researched, vetted, and compliant to the standards of the world’s largest micro-mobility company.
The ideal candidate will have expert project management and stakeholder management skills. You will have demonstrated experience building cross-functional transparent alignment with multiple teams, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills. We are looking for a process-based thinker, who is conscientious and highly organized with excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to adapt to different communication styles are required as well as an ability to work calmly and efficiently in a high-pressure environment to produce quality, error-free work.
We are a remote-first company and welcome all candidates.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate proposal schedules, qualifications packages, and presentation materials
- Perform detailed analysis of internal and external RFQ/RFP documents and collaborate with members of proposal team to ensure our offerings are up to date and competitive
- Establish day-by-day production and design schedule, developing a resource plan to ensure a timely response
- Compile and write portions of the proposal including project descriptions, descriptions of services, cover letters, resumes and organizational charts; edit and supplement all written technical materials as needed
- Constantly updating and refining internal RFP competitive analyses based on internal and external reviews
- Coordinate the design of high-quality visuals and appendices.
- Responsible for maintaining and assisting in the creation of new content and material
- Document and contribute to project management best practices
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with central team and regional teams
- Capable of using judgment to escalate key issues and requiring coordination with other departments
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle multiple time-sensitive requests
- 4+ years experience in project management, with Business to Government sales preferred
- Fluent English skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience working within a large organization preferred
- Proven track record of managing and winning government proposals, local government preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker
- Independent self-starter with effective people and negotiation skills
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with executives while influencing across multiple levels and functions
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Analytical and strategic in nature.
- Ability to discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time and the company resources. Capability to use these skills to drive high-impact policy proposal initiatives forward.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.