Operations Director, Berlin
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an Operations Director in Berlin with a passion for innovation, knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create first-class customer experiences. You will be responsible for the market performance and growth in a strategic and critical role.
As a senior Operations professional, you are creative, a big-picture individual who is accountable for the market operational excellence, P&L and team. This includes not only leading a high performance team and financial control, but also collaboration across departments - including government relations, partnerships, operations and local marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Be an owner - build and implement the market growth and profitability strategy across multiple departments with the full support of HQ
- Lead a high performing team - manage and raise the bar for the existing team, define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Enhance performance - be data driven, track and report ops and financial performance to creatively solve problems & find ways to improve as well as lead by example and leverage Berlin as the company powerhouse, excellence and innovation center
- Drive results - forecast and set quarterly goals for your market, while creating an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision to reach those goals
- Communicate across the organization to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback - you are the link between the leading Lime market and regional & central operations, finance, policy, product and engineering teams
- Be the face of Lime - as the leader of your market, you will meet with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Lime
- Be a culture carrier - create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
- Fluent German and fluent English communication skills
- 7+ years combined experience in consulting, operations management, or business management, ideally in a tech-driven company or similar environment
- Experience as a team manager
- Excellent communicator who is capable of motivating teams, collaborating with diverse groups across a large organization, and liaising with external partners as needed
- A great understanding of real-time marketplaces within an analytical mindset (supply and demand economics)
- Experience navigating ambiguous environments solving complex problems while exercising good judgment
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into solvable tasks that can be acted upon
- A data-driven nature, and attention to detail that drive your love of process improvement
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.