Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring an EHS Manager, EMEA to join our Global Operations team! In this role, you will report into the EHS Manager, Global. You will act as the EHS lead for the EMEA region and be an instrumental member of the EHS team through supporting projects, data collection and analysis, providing guidance and communications for global EHS stakeholders, managing risk and internal resources to further the sustainability and impact mission of the company in the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an evolving startup environment. You will be an in the moment problem solver with the ability to think about the short term and long term plan. You're energized about building and scaling and being part of a forward-thinking organization.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain health and safety programs to assure compliance with applicable regulations and provide regulatory / best practice guidance for key decision makers.
- Support operations through on site safety audits and implementation of improvements / best practices.
- Manage and support internal programs, such as training, and safety initiatives from development to execution, including global metrics support and project completion tracking.
- Conduct safety and security incident investigations using an established standard and formalized approach.
- Be a key contributor in standardization initiatives and EHS policy creation.
- Manage compliance activities, including regulatory reporting and permitting.
- Provide subject matter expertise to local operations within your region.
- Participate in the creation and provision of online and instructor led training, including experience with learning management systems.
- Contribute to Lime's mission of sustainability and environmental impact reduction within the EMEA region.
- Demonstrated passion for environmental, health, safety, security, sustainability, social governance, urban planning, mobility, using tech for good.
- 5+ years of professional experience in environmental, health, safety initiatives, campaigns, research, communications, large scale project management, and regulatory submittals.
- Focus on executing: Being on the front edge of our safety strategy means you can prioritize and execute well while maintaining a long-term strategic focus and effectively report out results to stakeholders.
- You are a self starter, problem solver, and proactive in reaching out for guidance about items that may affect completion timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Proficiency in English.
- Travel 25% to 30%.
- Start-up experience.
- Six Sigma experience.
- Experienced with ISO14001 implementation.
- Professional Safety Certifications.
- Multi-site EHS management experience.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.