Fleet Electronics Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup culture. You will be comfortable working within an evolving environment. You are an in the moment problem solver and are able to stay focused on building and scaling for the future. You thrive on building relationships and uncover the employee sentiment around current offerings.
We are a remote first company and for many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate. It is preferred that candidate for this role is located near Warsaw or Krakow since visiting offices is required several times in a month to work with vehicles hardware.
What you'll do:
- Asset Reliability Management: Take charge of ensuring the reliability of our fleet's electronic components, including diagnosing and root causing electronic failures, and rectifying multidisciplinary problems that span mechanical, electrical, electronic, and firmware issues.
- Innovative Problem Solving: Propose and implement creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues in any of the related fields, thereby enhancing the performance and longevity of our assets.
- Efficiency Enhancement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize our assets in terms of power consumption and localization, aligning them with sustainability and efficiency goals.
- Accessories Development: Contribute to the design and development of electronic boards that can serve as accessories for our existing products, enabling expanded functionality and improved user experiences.
- PCB Optimization: Analyze and propose PCB changes to reduce costs while maintaining or improving performance and reliability.
- Energy-Efficient Design: Optimize the motor and power delivery systems to provide an energy-efficient design that aligns with our sustainability and cost-effectiveness goals.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience as a electronics engineer
- Proficient in PCB design, production, and testing
- Nice to have: experience in designing IoT and Battery Management systems for micromobility
- Good at complex tasks solving in creative ways
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Proactive, self-directed and result-oriented
- Team player
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.