Staff Software Engineer - Task Platform
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join and be a key member of our Task Platform team. In this role, you'll be a crucial member in helping to empower our operations across the world. You'll optimize our operations by building features and backend systems. You'll work with labor planning and pricing, vehicle position optimization, and task routing. You'll also collaborate with software and data engineers, data scientists and PMs.
The successful candidate is passionate about helping us scale our global fleet and partnering with other cross-functional teams. You're also energized by creating innovative solutions for urban transportation.
What you’ll do:
- Lead projects with the collaboration of other engineers, product managers, and operations to successfully deliver on key objectives
- Be responsible for the technical direction and engineering quality of the team with the ability to identify, define, and solve technical problems in the form of maintaining engineering standards and influencing technical decisions
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions
- Troubleshooting and full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Mentor and lead other engineers at Lime helping to identify and develop future leaders
- Advise Lime’s leadership team on key technology adoption and process improvements
- Participate in building Lime’s team by performing software engineering interviews
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with a track record of building and maintaining high-quality software that deliver business impact
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience conducting code reviews and implementing best practices to ensure scalable and maintainable code
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable and robust system architectures
- Ability to provide technical guidance, mentor junior engineers, and foster a culture of continuous learning and quality engineering
- Ruby in Rails
- Operational tooling: Routing, labor planning, ticket system, task prioritization, etc
The anticipated salary range for this position is CA$ 153,000 to CA$ 210,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.