Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
As an Operations Manager at Lime you are a market manager for the Denver area. You are the eyes on the ground and the voice of Lime with city officials, community members, and businesses promoting safety, increasing ridership and understanding of what local riders want. You are the voice of Operations to internal stakeholders and an internal collaborator. You work cross-functionally with government relations, central ops, product, etc. and will execute the market strategy while optimizing the fleet for the market. You will also maintain your markets P&L and you’ll manage a team of early career warehouse staff; providing guidance and coaching to ensure everyone performs at their best.
The person hired for this role must be within a commutable distance from Lime's Denver warehouse.
What you'll do:
- Own and manage your market ensuring it hits operating metrics and consistently meets or exceeds defined KPIs and using data to identify trends, improve processes and customer experience
- Manage warehouse operations ensuring operational excellence and compliance in collaboration with our Facilities and Environment Health & Safety teams
- Be the operational expert within your region, championing operational excellence, owning end-to-end operational improvements, advising cross-functional teams and engaging in strategic discussions with key external stakeholders including city officials
- Define and implement an operations strategy for your region that advances the deployment and operation of our vehicles including workforce planning, request for proposal (RFP) prep and competitor monitoring
- Attracts and develops top-tier operational talent for your region including planning, hiring, onboarding and training new team members within a warehouse environment; while managing employee scheduling and task deliverables
- Represent Lime in partnership with our Government Relations team meeting with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Lime to ensure compliance with regulations and to build relationships with key external stakeholders
- Spearhead safety initiatives for our riders and vehicles to ensure safety remains the #1 priority
- Create a positive, inclusive, and safe workplace where people genuinely want to work
- 4+ years work experience in operations, consulting, engineering, or similar fields
- Demonstrated background in driving and executing operational excellence
- Knowledge of how a P&L functions
- Ability to understand metrics and KPIs and the levers to pull to drive results
- Knowledge of the location you support
- Comfortability working in a warehouse setting
- 1+ years people management experience attracting, developing and motivating warehouse staff
- Tenacious and willingness to roll up your sleeves, and ability to make decisions in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Analytically minded with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics) and the ability to navigate, decode, and use data to build compelling narratives and reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets and knowledge of SQL is a major plus
- Problem solver skilled at identifying and resolving complex problems, exercising good judgment in drawing conclusions, navigating ambiguous environments while working cross functionally
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present to senior level stakeholders utilizing data that effectively communicates short and long strategic operations solutions
- Relentlessly curious, always wanting to dig deeper and understand why, particularly to understand what our customers need
- Detail oriented with a focus on process improvement, self motivated and energetic, with the drive and ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
The anticipated salary range for this position is $83,000 - 102,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.