Senior Manager Public Affairs, Benelux
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Senior Manager Public Affairs to join our Benelux team. You will contribute to drive our policy and public affairs work in Benelux in a dynamic and diverse team. This is a strategic role, so you should expect to design, develop and execute a public affairs strategy across several countries and be comfortable working independently to deliver this.
As a pivotal figure in our regional expansion, you share our vision for new sustainable transportation solutions and can persuasively express that vision with elected officials, and regulators. The Senior Manager Public Affairs Benelux will be an instrumental member of the team, building and managing relationships, supporting our business in Benelux, and building local coalitions that pave the way for smart policy. You will also work with other members of the Lime team to relay feedback, and suggestions and improve the overall success of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate strategic relationships with government officials, community leaders, and regulators, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company's priorities and strategies
- Work with city governments, transit authorities and local partners to demonstrate how Lime's mobility solutions can positively impact their cities.
- Set and implement a dynamic public policy and advocacy agenda for Lime in Benelux, and work with cross-functional teams and senior management to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy goals.
- Collaborate with organizations, educational institutions, and community groups to align Lime's social mission with existing local initiatives.
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting your market.
- A public affairs expert with political acumen and a strong understanding of political and administrative dynamics at the local, regional and federal level in Benelux
- An optimistic and energized self-starter with a strong business approach and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance
- A strategic and creative thinker with the ability to evaluate, prioritize, and discern short-term and long-term paths towards Lime growth using quantifiable metrics
- A team player who can build diverse cross-functional relationships across Lime’s business, identifying and advising on pertinent issues
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment
- Degree in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent experience
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in your market
- Ability to deliver accurate, high-quality work quickly, sometimes under considerable time pressure
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a wider team, often across many geographies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills with full English, French and Dutch (Flemish) proficiency
- Available for travel in Benelux for 20% of the time
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.