Senior Tax Analyst, VAT
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Senior Tax Analyst to join our global finance team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to actively participate in our VAT reporting processes across all of our EMEA markets, including Poland. You will report to a Senior Indirect Tax Manager who is also based in Poland, but you will work with Lime finance professionals based in various countries.
This role is focused on VAT compliance rather than advisory. The ideal candidate will have experience in preparing or reviewing VAT and related returns. Having an accounting background/experience will be a big bonus, since you will also be responsible for reconciling our VAT filings with the amounts booked in our accounting system.
Since this is a role in which you will oversee our VAT reporting across the whole EMEA region, previous experience with VAT compliance processes in more than one country will be a bonus, but this is not strictly required.
What you'll do:
- Actively liaise with our external tax services providers in the process of the submission of our VAT and related returns in the EMEA region (20+ legal entities). This will require you to:
- periodically extract and send the required data (purchase reports, revenue information etc.) and documents (e.g. copies of selected invoices) to our external suppliers;
- keep track of the filing deadlines to make sure they are all met;
- review the draft returns prepared by the external suppliers;
- request timely VAT payments through our internal payments system or monitor the VAT refunds’ status.
- Reconcile our VAT returns with the output and input VAT amounts booked in our accounting system. This will require you to:
- prepare quarterly reconciliation files for the respective legal entities;
- propose the respective journal entries after VAT returns are filed / payments are made / refunds are received.
- Support your manager with selected administrative tasks, such as processing invoices for professional tax services (handling purchase orders) and reviewing our monthly professional tax fee accruals.
- Comfortable with performing repetitive periodical tasks which are typical for a VAT compliance role.
- Strong organizational skills, able to plan own tasks and work schedules with little supervision.
- Open to working remotely – we are a remote first company! You will have the option to work fully remotely or to work from our warehouse in Warsaw. This will be based solely on your personal preferences. However, you will interact with your manager almost solely remotely.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
- Between 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar in-house role or from working in a shared service center / tax advisory company.
- Fluent in English (verbal and in writing).
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.