Senior Full Stack Engineer
Nova Labs is searching for a talented Senior Full Stack Engineer with a strong background in Typescript, React and Next.js to join the Nova Labs Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have experience with e-commerce and checkout flows, be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and possess excellent problem-solving skills. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for developing high-quality code, developing a checkout flow, and carrier onboarding in a fast-paced startup environment. You will also focus on creating product-driven solutions with an emphasis on aesthetics and user experience.
About Nova Labs
Founded in 2013, Nova Labs (formerly Helium Systems, Inc.) is a for-profit entity composed of the original founding team behind the open-source Helium Network. As the pioneer of decentralized wireless communications, Nova Labs has a two-pronged mission: to solve the unnecessary fragmentation and costs that plague IoT connectivity through 1663, their IoT division, and to enable people to genuinely benefit from the success of their mobile carrier through Helium Mobile. For more information, visit nova.xyz.
- Develop and maintain high-quality, scalable, and reusable code using modern web technologies
- Take ownership of multiple codebases, promoting and encouraging best practices within the development team
- Design and implement efficient and secure APIs to support front-end applications
- Integrate mapping and visualization features to enhance user experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement project requirements, focusing on addressing user pain points through simple and elegant solutions
- Take initiative to push projects forward independently and navigate uncertainties in a startup environment
- Utilize hosting providers like fly.io to deploy and maintain high-performing websites
- Configure GitHub Actions to establish continuous integration and deployment pipelines, ensuring regular running of tests for optimal performance and reliability.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers on the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of professional experience in full stack development (30% backend / 70% frontend)
- Strong proficiency in Typescript, React and Next.js
- Experience building full stack, database-backed Next.js apps using Prisma
- Experience with e-commerce and checkout products such as Stripe or Shopify
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- A keen eye for aesthetics and user experience in product development
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency, web3, and blockchain technologies
- Prior experience in e-commerce projects
- Experience with Elixir or other types of backend languages and frameworks
- Total compensation structure at Nova Labs is base salary + equity.
- Nova Labs is a remote-first company and takes a market-based approach to base salary pay.
- Pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. For candidates outside of metro market areas, we use the state average.
- The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
- We target the 50th percentile of the pay scale for new hires.
- The salary pay scale for the target level of experience across all domestic locations for this role:
- Tier 1: $180,000 - $244,000
- Tier 2: $162,000 - $219,600
- Tier 3: $153,000 - $207,000
- Tier 4: $144,000 - $195,200
- We are a remote-first company
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid company holidays
- Vacation stipend
- Monthly wellness/gym, wifi, and mobile stipend
- Annual hardware stipend
- 401K plan