Software Engineer, React Native
Nova Labs is searching for a React Native Engineer to join the Nova Labs Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience developing applications using React Native and Typescript. As a React Native Engineer, you will be working on a small app team developing high-quality code in a fast-paced startup environment.
About Nova Labs
Founded in 2013, Nova Labs (formerly Helium Systems, Inc.) is a for-profit entity composed of the original founding team behind the open-source Helium Network. As the pioneer of decentralized wireless communications, Nova Labs has a two-pronged mission: to solve the unnecessary fragmentation and costs that plague IoT connectivity through 1663, their IoT division, and to enable people to genuinely benefit from the success of their mobile carrier through Helium Mobile. For more information, visit nova.xyz.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-quality web and mobile applications using React Native & Typescript
- Contribute to the architecture and design of our web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement project requirements, focusing on addressing user pain points through simple and elegant solutions
- Take initiative to push projects forward independently and navigate uncertainties in a startup environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer building mobile applications published to the app store (iOS or Android)
- Proficiency in React Native & Typescript
- Familiarity with GraphQL for handling data queries and manipulation
- Experience using Redux for state management in large-scale applications
- Proficiency in React Navigation for routing and navigation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Telco, MVNO, and eSim experience
- Experience integrating mobile apps with hardware via wifi or bluetooth
- Experience building crypto wallets
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency, web3, Solana, and blockchain technologies
- Total compensation structure at Nova Labs is base salary + equity.
- Nova Labs is a remote-first company and takes a market-based approach to base salary pay.
- Pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. For candidates outside of metro market areas, we use the state average.
- The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
- We target the 50th percentile of the pay scale for new hires.
- The salary pay scale for the target level of experience across all locations for this role:
- Tier 1: $154,000 - $222,000
- Tier 2: $147,600 - $199,800
- Tier 3: $139,400 - $188,700
- Tier 4: $131,200 - $177,600
- We are a remote-first company
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid company holidays
- Vacation stipend
- Monthly wellness/gym, wifi, and mobile stipend
- Annual hardware stipend
- 401K plan