Director of Engineering (Backend)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Observe.AI is the leading conversation intelligence platform for boosting contact center performance. Built on the industry’s most accurate AI engine that analyzes 100% of interactions across channels, Observe.AI maximizes agent performance, pinpoints new revenue and coaching opportunities, and up-levels quality assurance and compliance.
Observe.AI’s powerful workflow automation allows contact centers to apply meaningful insights and take action at speed and scale. The result is stronger business outcomes, such as better customer experience, higher revenue, and better retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners across industries – including Pearson, 23andMe, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, and Public Storage – and is backed by Softbank Vision Fund 2, Zoom, Menlo Ventures, Scale Ventures, and Nexus Ventures. Observe.AI is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Bangalore, India. For more information, please visit www.observe.ai.
About the Team:
The team consists of sharp engineers with 9-1+ years of experience. A couple of engineers have been with the company for more than 3+ years and have been part of this great journey where the company and systems have evolved dramatically. Love for a fast-paced working environment along with a focus on quality and healthy competition has been a distinct quality of our engineers.
What You Will Do as a Director of Engineering (Backend):
- As a Director of Engineering, you would contribute to many of our core products and have a great impact in shaping up the post-processing of calls/web-chat/emails/videos.
- You would work with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineers.
- In this role, you will manage a team of talented and driven engineers.
- You would lead the development and delivery of a scalable, secure and multi-tenant cloud platform that is responsible for catering to real-time as well as non-real-time orchestration of pre-processing of interaction data for the product.
- You would work closely with different stakeholders to come up with the roadmap and solution & deal with huge volumes of data and create systems that would be able to scale heavily with growing needs.
- You would work towards the development of engineers on the team and help them advance in their career - regular one on ones, helping them make the right decisions and guiding them among making other people manager decisions.
- Work with Product Managers to help define the roadmap and work with engineers and architects to design services/components and own the plan for execution.
- Own the processes for the team and be responsible for driving the high-quality engineering culture within the team.
- Drive product delivery, enforcing engineering best practices & if needed, and contribute to the code hands-on.
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews.
- In addition, work with stakeholders such as the UI team, Design team, L1/L2 Support team, and customer-facing teams such as the Customer Success team and Customer Onboarding teams.
Who you are :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 15+ years of progressive experience in software engineering, building large-scale products with work experience in Technology or Startup organizations.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience, including managing a team of at least 20+ members.
- Good technical experience, curiosity, and an ambition to grow.
- Experience with startup cultures in the past and has shown growth.
- Expertise in Java and Spring or other relevant frameworks. Knowledge of Container Management tools (docker-swarm, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns.
- Good knowledge of at least one of the SQL or no-SQL databases: Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- Good knowledge of queue (Rabbitmq, Kafka, etc), and cache (Ehcache, Memcache)
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment with a customer-centric mindset.
What we offer:
- Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations.
- Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E act.
- Generous holidays (National and festive) recognition and parental leave policies.
- Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development.
- Fun events to build culture across the organization.
- Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions. (For Eg: Meal card, PF etc)
If you are ambitious, make an impact wherever you go, and you're ready to shape the future of Observe.AI, we encourage you to apply. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
See more open positions at Observe.AI
Something looks off?