Principal Software Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious senior engineer for the role of Principal Software Engineering (PSE) at Observe AI. In this role, you would define software architecture, develop technical strategies and roadmaps, and drive innovation and experimentation to identify new opportunities for growth and improvement. You will mentor and coach senior engineers to promote a culture of technical excellence and collaborate with cross-functional teams to define high-quality software products and services.
What you’ll do day to day as a Principal Software Engineer
- Drive innovation and experimentation to identify and adopt new technologies and development practices, ensuring that our software platform remains state-of-the-art
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in software engineering, including emerging technologies, tools, and frameworks, and make recommendations for their integration into our platform
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous learning, and improvement across the engineering organization
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities for growth and improvement, leveraging cutting-edge technologies and best practices
- Work closely with product managers, engineering teams, and stakeholders to define high-quality software products and services
- Develop technical strategies and roadmaps that enable scalable, secure, and reliable software systems
- Design, implement, and maintain software architecture and design patterns that ensure high performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Mentor and coach senior engineers to promote a culture of technical excellence and encourage innovation and experimentation
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 10+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on architecting and building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and distributed systems
- Extensive programming skills in multiple programming languages, such as Java, Python, or Go
- Proven experience in software architecture and design, with a deep understanding of advanced software design patterns, principles, and best practices
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of highly skilled engineers, with a focus on promoting technical excellence and innovation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and customers
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving complex technical challenges, with a focus on innovation and experimentation
- Expertise in cloud-native technologies and architectures, such as Kubernetes, and serverless computing, with experience deploying and managing large-scale applications on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Strong knowledge of modern data stores and distributed systems, such as Apache Cassandra, and Apache Kafka with experience designing and implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available data-intensive applications
- Deep experience with frameworks such as Spring Boot or Node.js, with a focus on building modern web and mobile applications
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in software development, with a focus on identifying new opportunities for growth and improvement, and continuously learning and experimenting with new technologies and techniques
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.