Senior Software Engineer
- Founded: 2007
- Employees: 270+ in 15+ countries
RetailNext provides e-commerce style analytics to physical retailers enabling them to best understand shoppers behavior within their stores. Using our cloud-platform and proprietary IoT sensors, we collect billions of data points everyday from shoppers in over 100+ countries around the world. Ultimately, the data we provide to retailers helps them to make the decisions that will improve your shopping experience.
Role Quick Hits:
- Location: South Africa, Remotely from European Union
- Team: Cloud UI
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of software development across our technology stack, focusing on front-end UI development, but also participating at API development and back-end services development. We’re a product- and customer-focused team. As such, you must be comfortable with cross-functional teamwork, able to collaborate with other teams across the organisation, and understand how to think about the products you’re developing beyond just their technical implementation details.
Our UI is built with:
- Ember talking to RESTful endpoints implemented in Ruby and Go
- Fabric.js to build tools for camera configuration
- Highcharts for overview dashboards which provide live insights into retail customers’ behavior
Day-to-day development for the UI team consists of adding and extending endpoints within the Ruby and Go APIs, as well as building and maintaining customer-facing UI tools.Further down, our stack consists of:
- Cassandra as a datastore;
- Elastic for complex querying and filtering;
- Microservices implemented in Go
What you will do in this role:
- Work closely with our back-end teams to ensure a seamless end-user experience
- Some tasks will include working on our Interface and Admin Tools; handling sophisticated charts and graphs; working with video and data
- Develop a comprehensive test suite
- Quickly develop software prototypes to implement new functionality
What are we looking for:
- Frontend experience building Single/Web-Based Page Applications
- Experience with an MVC framework like Ember.js, Angular.js or Rails. Production experience with Ember.js is a plus
- Bonus points for experience building and deploying RESTful API endpoints
- Bonus points for experience with agile development or continuous delivery
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What do you get?
- Remote-first work culture
- Work from anywhere option - Work in any location of your choice up to 90 days each year
- “Best Self Allowance” - All employees are given an annual allowance which they can put towards anything they would like
- Once a month the entire company closes so we can enjoy a “Recharge Day”
- Competitive Salary and Equity Ownership
- Holiday exchange program
- We all share the following values: Autonomy, Improvement Mindset, Ownership and collaboration, customer focus. People like it here!
Something looks off?