Account Manager, Commercial
RetailNext is hiring an Account Manager, Commercial to focus on the commercial management of existing customers. As an Account Manager you will be responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned growth targets increasing business in your assigned geographic territory.
What will you be doing:
Increasing the Annual Recurring Revenue within the territory via the sale of RetailNext’s products and services.
- Achieves or excels at the annual quota taking responsibility as the GM of your business / territory.
- Develops corporate contacts and cultivates relationships at all levels that enhance the company’s position, leading to incremental business.
- Maintains regular contact with the account base and increases revenue by positioning and demonstrating new and existing services, preparing appropriate ROIs, and closing the expansion (upsell or cross sell) sale.
- Develops new prospects as appropriate, whether they’re introduced by a business partner, a direct inquiry, or a cold-called client (either TDM or AD).
- Maintain adequate pipeline to achieve quota assigned – knowing which sales activities drive these pipeline generating results.
- Prepares quarterly and yearly account plans for each key account and develops territory plans to triage and prioritize key customers and sub-segments.
- Generates, develops, manages, and communicates expectations within assigned accounts, as well as increasing the scope of penetration within each account.
- Qualifies new opportunities and prospects, evaluates the size of opportunities, and articulates probability of closure within existing accounts.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation in Salesforce of all activity.
- Maintains broad knowledge of company capabilities versus the strengths/weaknesses of competitive products.
- Maintains close working relationship with product personnel to know product futures and timing as well as feedback concerns and requests
- Ability to devise strategy for territory, including finding opportunities for upsell and cross-sell, in partnership with the Head of Sales - EMEA & APAC
- Ability to build and articulate value propositions for client both verbally and in writing, including the ability to negotiate
- Ability to develop relationships with key buying personas and move opportunities through the funnel to closed won with a high percentage
- Ability to build relationships with customers wherein the customer views the Account Manager, Commercial as a knowledgeable and reliable partner
- Ability to properly update and manage sales pipeline with accurate forecasting
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Ability to work independently while supporting the wider APAC team
- Understanding of selling software into the Retail sector, ideally store management systems
- Understanding of a recognised sales process , MEDDIC or similar, as a structure method to structure and manage a deal process
- Ability to research, build and maintain strong relationships within the existing customer base
- Ability to identify map the client account to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities within the existing customer base
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced sales environment both internally and externally
Who we are:
RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in retail analytics. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company is a growing global brand installation in nearly 90 countries worldwide. We track billions of trips per year via sensors at retail stores all around the world, and our retail customers leverage this data to provide a better shopping experience.
We value autonomy, improvement mindset, ownership, collaboration and results-focused work. As a team, we prioritize these values in all areas of business to ensure that we maintain a supportive and engaging work environment.
Why join our team:
- Global Remote work environment
- Equity Ownership
- 100% Medical Insurance Cover
- Best Self Program - stipend contribution towards your personal or professional development
- Recharge day - Monthly day off
We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage all applicants to apply. If you are passionate about joining a dynamic team that prioritizes autonomy, improvement mindset, ownership, collaboration, and results-focused work, we look forward to hearing from you.
Something looks off?