Software Development Engineer in Test
RetailNext provides e-commerce style analytics to physical retailers enabling them to best understand shoppers behavior within their stores. Using our cloud-platform and proprietary IoT sensors, we collect billions of data points everyday from shoppers in over 100+ countries around the world. Ultimately, the data we provide to retailers helps them to make the decisions that will improve your shopping experience.
- Founded: 2007
- Employees: 270+ in 15+ countries
- Funding: RetailNext Crunchbase https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/retailnext
- More about us and what we do: Why RetailNext? https://retailnext.net/why-retailnext
We're looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with a strong technical background and proven test design skills to join our team.
- Collaborate effectively with the product and engineering teams to review requirements and develop comprehensive test plans to drive the project to on-time completion.
- Design, develop, maintain and execute test cases and report test results.
- Participate in the design of major features from gathering initial requirements through acceptance testing.
- Be responsible for ensuring that our test plans are thorough and our test scripts remain up to date with each release.
- Work closely with the QA team on both the on-premise solution and the cloud based architecture of the product
- Maintain test scripts and recipes so that they remain up to date with each release or update
- Work with the product management team to understand customer requirements and use cases
- Work with the development team to explore edge cases and define acceptance test criteria
- Do white-box acceptance tests of the underlying implementation and test cases
- Assist the development team with large scale performance and migration testing
- Can work independently, not with much mentorship and verification, help junior members of the team
Tools we use:
- UI testing: BuiltIn DevTools for all major browsers
- Functional Testing: Postman to test API / Curl to test API / PSQl data base
- Linux terminals tools: vim, cat, tail, ls, echo chmod and etc.
- WireShark and similar applications
- VMWare to create and manage Virtual Machines
- Test creating and test design: Boundaries values / State Transition method for exploratory testing / Decision Table / Class of equivalents
- Automation of mobile app: Java / Appium / TestNG framework / Maven / Test
- Management System and other: TestRail / Jira bug tracking system
- Experience creating and updating detailed test plans
- A results oriented individual who thrives to work with cross-functional teams in a fast paced Agile environment
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with testing cloud-based applications is a plus
- Proficiency with any scripting language is a plus
- Experience scripting automated workflows for web applications using selenium WebDriver is a plus
- Experience of certifying Mobile Apps and services for both iOS and Android platforms
- Working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
What do you get?
- Competitive Salary and Equity Ownership
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Best Self Program - contribution towards your personal or professional development
- Once a month the entire company closes so we can enjoy a “Recharge Day”
- Focus on your career: The ability to own your career, grow, and we will invest in your career every year!
What's it like to work here?
- Working Environment: We are a “Remote-First” Hybrid company, meaning we are set up to operate effectively for fully-remote employees but have some distributed offices to allow our employees to gather. Also we have opportunities to travel and meet other team members from other countries.
- We also allow our employees to work up to 90 days in any location of their choice each year
- We all share the following values:
- Autonomy: we give you the full flexibility and freedom to do what you do best. Flexible working schedule. We're outcome-oriented.
- Improvement Mindset: we are all constantly working to improve and give anyone an opportunity to contribute to that.
- Ownership and collaboration: we allow for and expect ownership, as well as work together to achieve our goals.
- 100% customer focus: we are always lazer focused on what is best for our customers
- People like it here!