Director of Engineering
RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in retail analytics. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company is a growing global brand with installations in nearly 90 countries worldwide. We track more than a billion shopping trips per year via sensors at retail stores all around the world, and our retail customers leverage this data to provide a better shopping experience.
We are looking to hire a Global Director of SaaS Engineering to lead the team that is responsible for RetailNext’s cloud platform. As a leader you’ll help set the strategy, direction, and goals in partnership with the executive team as the technical arm of the organization. You will also lead the growth and development of our engineers, as well as oversee the strategic architecture of the department.
We are a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, Europe & UK. These are some of the key responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, and empower great software engineers, managers, and testers.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by establishing just the right amount of process support.
- Partner with key executives within the company to drive and support business and financial objectives for the Engineering team.
- Create a vision and strategy for the Engineering team with strong emphasis on architecture, scalable solutions and fast paced execution. Drive flawless execution of projects through diligent planning and high caliber execution.
- Meet stringent quality, security, and privacy requirements while maintaining a high pace of feature delivery. .
- Develop leaders across the team through coaching with a focus on technical and non-technical professional development. Mentor and develop a high performing team by setting regular goals and objectives and measuring performance against goals.
- Engineering / CS / MIS Degree (Bachelor's ; graduate degree a plus) and 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- 5+ years of enterprise SaaS or large-scale web application experience
- Experience with products with a hardware component are a plus
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus, and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and results-driven. Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience in presenting technology concepts to senior business executives, ability to communicate with passion, and ability to articulate with business context.
- Demonstrates integrity, good judgment, and ability to act as a trusted advisor with the most senior levels in an organization with the ability to represent the organization.
- Competitive salary
- Full remote work
- Work from anywhere in the world for 90 days per year
- Latest equipment + budget for the extra equipment or devices
- “Best Self Allowance”- All employees are given an annual allowance which they can put towards anything they feel will contribute towards them being the best version of themselves.
- Once a month the entire company closes so we can enjoy a “Recharge Day”
- The ability to own your career
- Massive growth opportunities
- Travel Opportunities
- Meaningful equity so that you own part of the company.
- Flexible working schedule. We're outcome-oriented.
- Private Health Care