Business Development Representative
RetailNext provides e-commerce style analytics to physical retailers enabling them to best understand shoppers behavior within their stores. Using our cloud-platform and proprietary IoT sensors, we collect billions of data points everyday from shoppers in over 100+ countries around the world. Ultimately, the data we provide to retailers helps them to make the decisions that will improve your shopping experience.
- Founded: 2007
- Employees: 270+ in 15+ countries
- Funding: RetailNext Crunchbase https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/retailnext
- More about us and what we do: Why RetailNext? https://retailnext.net/why-retailnext
We're looking for a Business Development Representative with a strong sales background and proven prospecting and lead generation skills to join our team.
As the Business Development Representative / Territory Development Manager at RetailNext you will be the individual responsible for the sales prospecting, discovery, and initial qualification of our inbound leads and outbound prospects. You will help generate new business for the Sales and Go-To-Market organization that leads to positive sales outcomes. You will help standardize on best practices for inbound and outbound prospecting activity and you will conduct said activity with the goal of booking qualified meetings with the right customers and the right buyers that have a foundational level of awareness and interest in our solutions.
- Following up with marketing qualified inbound leads (MQLs) in a predetermined time frame in order to further qualify if there is a potential opportunity.
- Working with industry software tools for enablement and effectiveness such as ZoomInfo, Groove, Salesforce, Gong, and LinkedIn and working with your assigned Account Director on a set of targeted ideal customer prospect (ICP) accounts to conduct outbound prospecting activities that drive results.
- Outbound prospecting activity includes using both high-touch and low-touch "flow cadences" of emails, calls, LinkedIn social touches, and videos to targeted prospects using a given solution value proposition. High-touch flows will demand a higher level of personalization based on research conducted using publicly available sources of information and will be executed over a longer period of time for persistence.
- Ability to articulate RetailNext’s value
- Ability to take marketing messaging and create outbound communication in a customer-facing sales voice
- Ability to personalize outreach based on research into targeted buying influences
- Ability to cold call with confidence, learning the guerilla style tactics to hook a prospect within 30 seconds of conversation and close for next steps
- Ability to have conversational empathy and create a value exchange for a given prospect’s time
- Ability to qualify in at a foundational level so that ideal customer prospects have a basic understanding of our product and solutions (i.e., what are the customer’s positive business outcomes that we solve for and what are our differentiated capabilities that help achieve those outcomes)
- Ability to get the customer interested in learning more about the art of the possible
- Ability to close for the next step- book a qualified meeting with the AD to hand the ball off to
- Ability to strongly communicate and pitch RetailNext from cold calls to qualified leads
What do you get?
- Competitive Salary and Equity Ownership
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Best Self Program - contribution towards your personal or professional development
- Once a month the entire company closes so we can enjoy a “Recharge Day”
- Focus on your career: The ability to own your career, grow, and we will invest in your career every year!
What's it like to work here?
- Working Environment: We are a “Remote-First” Hybrid company, meaning we are set up to operate effectively for fully-remote employees but have some distributed offices to allow our employees to gather. Also we have opportunities to travel and meet other team members from other countries.
- We also allow our employees to work up to 90 days in any location of their choice each year
- We all share the following values:
- Autonomy: we give you the full flexibility and freedom to do what you do best. Flexible working schedule. We're outcome-oriented.
- Improvement Mindset: we are all constantly working to improve and give anyone an opportunity to contribute to that.
- Ownership and collaboration: we allow for and expect ownership, as well as work together to achieve our goals.
- 100% customer focus: we are always lazer focused on what is best for our customers
- People like it here!