Data Platform Engineer
***Please note, this role can be based remotely in the following countries: Switzerland, Finland, Poland, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and the UK.***
About the Role
Our infrastructure stores and processes tens of billions of analytics events from hundreds of millions of devices. The Usage Tracking Team is responsible for developing business-critical tools that enable internal teams and customers alike to make sense of the data.
As a Data Platform Engineer, you will build and maintain our data platform . This includes evaluating and deploying various data technologies and working directly with the stakeholders on specific data use cases. You will be responsible for our company data at every stage from ingestion to dashboards and reporting.
What You Will Do
- Drive the evaluation and implementation of our data platform
- Design, develop, optimise and maintain data pipelines for the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from various internal sources into our data infrastructure..
- Implement data quality checks and validation processes to guarantee the accuracy and consistency of data.
- Maintain clear and up-to-date documentation of data processes, pipelines and transformations
- Mentor other engineers in the team
- Educate data stakeholders on how they can derive value from the available data
- Proactively drive initiatives and projects, prioritising tasks and resources as necessary
Our Tech Stack
- Looker / Tableau
- GCS / AWS
Who You Are
You are an experienced engineer who is passionate about building pragmatic solutions that will empower the users from multiple organisations to make data-driven decisions. You excel in building and maintaining data infrastructure and have a good overview of existing technologies and best practices. You work effectively in the team setting and take pride in educating and mentoring others. As a data platform engineer you are committed to maximising the value of the data to drive innovation and efficiency within the organisation.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer or similar role, with a strong background in processing (Data Warehouse, Data Lake or Lakehouse)
- Experience with either AWS or GCP
- Have played a critical role in evaluating and setting up a state of the art data platform.
- Are fluent in Python and SQL for data manipulation and querying of data.
- Have knowledge on state of the art technologies to analyse and visualise large amounts of data
- Have profound understanding of data privacy and security best practices.
- Have good communication skills and a structured approach to work
***Please note as much as this is a remote position, we are only able to consider candidates based in (or willing to relocate to) Switzerland, Finland, Poland, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the UK.***
What We Offer
Here are just some of the reasons why people choose to build their career at Scandit:
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for cutting-edge technologies to use
- Hackathons twice per year
- Flexible, office, hybrid or home working
- People-first culture
- Global team outings
- Festive/end of year all company celebrations
- Your birthday off
- An attractive individual equity plan in a high growth company
- Excellent office infrastructure, optimised for hybrid working in Zurich, Warsaw, Tampere, and London
- Excellent support for remote work across Switzerland, Finland, Poland, UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany
- Other benefits specific to the location you are joining
Who We Are
Could your code give superpowers? Whether enabling delivery drivers to make quicker deliveries, matching a patient with their medication or allowing retailers to make store operations more efficient, our technology automates workflows and provides actionable insights to help businesses in a variety of industries. This means we have no shortage of technical challenges for engineers like you. Join us, as we continue to expand, grow and innovate, and help take Scandit to the next level.
We are proud to be “Great Place to Work” accredited in the UK, USA, Japan, Finland & Switzerland and “Great Place to Work for Wellbeing” in the UK.
Imagine the What. Build the How.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.