Developer Support Engineer
As a Mobile Developer Support Engineer for Scandit's Barcode Scanner and Data Capture products, you will be the product expert that understands the capabilities of our product, analyzes customer issues and provides coding and product support to meet advanced customer needs. You will partner closely across the engineering, product and sales teams in an effort to resolve issues that arise and help with advanced pre-sales technology demos. The ideal candidate for this role has a technical background including mobile software development and an interest to work at the intersection of business and technology.
What You Will Do
As a Mobile Developer Support Engineer you will be helping other developers integrate and build apps on the Scandit platform which spans across mobile devices (both Android and iOS), wearable devices and autonomous devices such as drones and robots.
You will communicate with external developers through email, ticketing system, discussion boards, and video calls to help solve problems, help build awesome apps that merge the physical and virtual world, and debug code. You’ll also work closely with the rest of our engineering team to identify and fix bugs and improve our APIs and sample applications to enable easy and seamless integration for our partners.
On a typical day you will:
- Work with a variety of different mobile technologies spanning Android, iOS and Linux
- Work with developers and other Scandit engineers to solve problems and debug code and build tools to streamline this process
- Develop and enhance showcase applications to enable new experiences and use cases on our platform
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation that will help scale our operations
- Communicate with Scandit’s customers and prospects
Who You Are
- Have customer-centric mindset
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Have solid understanding of mobile and web technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mobile development experience for Android & iOS is desirable
- Experience in React Native an advantage
- Enjoy coding and helping other developers
- Experience in a Support Role is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- You’re able to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Eligible to work in the United States
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.
We help you capture every opportunity. www.scandit.com