Senior Software Engineer
SVT Robotics enables companies to integrate and deploy industrial robotics without the need for custom code. That’s a game changer in the world of robotics! It means we’ve cracked the code for our clients to rapidly deploy automation technology, transform their businesses, and adapt to an ever-changing market. Our one-of-a-kind SOFTBOT® Platform and talented team of builders makes it possible.
Headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, SVT scours the country for best-in-class talent to add to our team of innovators, software experts, and robotics industry leaders committed to serving companies across the U.S. and Europe. Our employees show up every day ready to innovate and create with one goal in mind: success for our customers.
As demand for our platform continues to increase, so does SVT’s demand for high performers to help chart the course towards rapid growth and expansion. If you’re ready to revolutionize the future of industrial robotics and possess an entrepreneurial spirit and zeal for achieving results, we’d like to hear from you!
*This is a REMOTE position, however, at this time we are only considering candidates local to Norfolk, VA who are able to travel to our headquarters."
As a Sr. Software Engineer on our Services team, you will be designing, coding, and testing integrated solutions provided to our end-customers in the field. You will be using the tools available in the SOFTBOT® Platform to deliver these solutions, including C# microservices, Typescript/React applications, and a visual workflow builder designed for rapid automation. If there is a gap between end-customer needs and our platform capability, you will develop custom solutions to bridge them. The custom solutions of today will become the basis of SOFTBOT® Platform features of tomorrow. You will love this job if you enjoy solving a wide variety of problems in a fast-based environment. When it comes down to it, you are developing a product that makes robots move in real life.
A potential day in the life of SVT’s Software Engineer, Services:
- Develop new features and solutions required to realize an in-progress integrated solution for an end-customer.
- Collaborate with your colleagues and manager
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices
- Evangelize to and mentor others on application development strategies, technologies, techniques, tools, and guidelines
- Become an expert on how to integrate robotics and automation technologies into our platform
- Work with the following tech stack:
- The Tools: Docker, SQL, NoSQL, Robots
- The Environment: Azure, On Premise
- The Paradigms: Microservices, Event Sourcing, Workflows, Edge Computing
- The Networking: HTTP, TCP/IP, REST, SOAP, SSL
- The Security: Authorization, Authentication, Encryption, RBAC
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer (5+ years in lieu of a degree)
- Experience developing, shipping, and maintaining software in production
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and system design Passion to collaborate and innovate
You get bonus points for having:
- Experience working at a startup or in the automation integration sector
- Engineering background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Experience working with or contributing to low code tools
- Passion to collaborate and innovate with your peers
- Drive to create, build, and prove out new ideas
- Ability to take on and learn new ideas quickly
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Competitive salary and compensation structure
- Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited, flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Flexible parental leave
- Fun, innovative team and remote-friendly culture
Are you with us?
We’re ready to meet you if you wake up every day eager to get your hands dirty in a high-growth start-up atmosphere.
SVT Robotics is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity on all our teams. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our team is built on a culture of curiosity and innovation that serves as the foundation of our product. Here, you can and will create something awesome. Come join our growing team!
For more information about us, please visit https://www.svtrobotics.com/
Something looks off?