Licensed Bilingual Therapist
Louisville, KY, USA
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2022
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
Candidates for this posting MUST be bilingual in English/Spanish with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both languages.
Vida Therapist works virtually with a range of members to help support impactful, lasting behavior change to increase health and wellness. In addition, you will work within Vida’s guidelines, Scope of Practice, HIPAA, PHI, Industry Standards, Federal, State and Local Law to ensure that safety, quality, and compliance expectations are met.
Vida Therapists are professional experts in mental health who are fully licensed to screen, diagnose and treat mental health conditions. They support members by providing evidence-based psychotherapy.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a panel of clients providing evidence-based assessment, treatment plans and therapeutic interventions, meeting or exceeding completed consult expectations as outlined in Vidapedia
- Configure Vida Coach calendar to allow clients to schedule, and maintain regular contact with them using Vida’s in-app video calls and messaging, per Vida’s program design and policies. Respond and communicate with clients according to timeline expectations laid out in Vida policies
- Develop and update clinical treatment plans in collaboration with members
- Utilize Vida’s integrated Cognitive Behavioral Therapy content to provide psychoeducation on CBT skills, including but not limited to, thought logging, cognitive restructuring/reframing and behavioral activation
- Diligently track your clients’ progress and serve as an accountability partner
- Set goals/trackers/habits in the Vida app to encourage member accountability and facilitate daily reminders that help them achieve their goals
- Engage in discharge planning upon conclusion of therapy program by providing case management services, external referrals and coordination with other providers
- Respond to crisis situations by following established protocols and developing safety plans with clients. Additionally, continually assessing for program eligibility and providing referrals, when needed, for follow-up intervention services
- Effectively communicate with Lead to address client concerns, limitations, treatment progress and other concerns. Report any concerns regarding clinical performance and inability to meet expectations to Lead immediately
- Collaborate with other Vida providers to apply an integrated care model to client treatment plans to enhance progress and treatment outcomes
- Maintain records of interactions with clients in keeping with legal standards and adhere to Vida policy re: documentation
- Submit documentation within 24 hours of any session (this includes session documentation, clinical treatment plans, communication with other providers). Additionally, submit documentation within 24 hours related to any cancellation or no show by provider or member
- Comply with National Standards of Care set forth by state licensing boards where therapist is licensed
- Comply with federal, state and HIPAA regulations, as it relates to medical records and information privacy
- Attend and actively participate in 1:1 meetings with Lead and staff meetings. Respond to communications and requests from Lead in a reasonable and professional time frame
- Complete all in-service trainings in a timely manner
- Review and follow department policies and procedures as detailed in provider manual documents (Vidapedia)
- Meet and exceed provider level metrics
- Serve in the role of Care Navigator when assigned to provide short-term mental health consultation services to members in the form of screening assessments, crisis follow-up, resource referral
- Provide after hours and on-call coverage, as needed
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in psychology, clinical social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other relevant field
- Fully Independent State License to practice psychotherapy in good standing. Licensed to assess, diagnose, create treatment plans and provide psychotherapy without oversight of a clinical supervisor. Multi-state licensure is highly valued.
- Experience in cognitive behavior therapy and other evidence-based therapeutic models
- Experience in mindfulness techniques
- Interest in incorporating technology solutions into client care
- Interest in and knowledge of current research and evidence-based clinical practices for depression and anxiety
- Familiarity with technology solutions including video therapy, mobile apps, cloud-based apps (Google Suite, Single Sign-On, Slack)
- Experience working in a virtual telehealth environment
- 2+ years’ experience as a fully independent psychotherapist
- Working knowledge of clinical diagnosis and treatment planning. Knowledge of techniques such as motivational interviewing, bio-psychosocial assessment, mental health crisis response, safety planning and cognitive behavioral theory
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- Providers will be expected to perform according to Vida's QA and Compliance guidelines in order to provide a safe and consistent experience for Vida members
- Include specific language re: California residents who currently require individual monthly sign-off prior to each screening monthly
- Exclusion screening is the process of verifying that a current or potential employee is not classified as an excluded individual who is prohibited from participation in any Federal healthcare program. The OIG imposes exclusions under the authority of sections 1128 and 1156 of the Social Security Act
- Providers will be expected to document on Vida's provider platform/technology completing prestructured template in addition to free text areas - i.e. text expander
- Vida reserves the right to reassign clients at any point and limit the termination period to meet the best practices
- Limit scope of practice to Vida curriculum
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.