Health Guide Engagement Representative - (20-40 hr/week)
People & HR
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Vida Health Guide Engagement Representative (this is not a Health Coach position), you will do outbound phone outreach to members, encourage them to invest in their health and help them enroll into the Vida Health program.. This is a remote sales call center role, where you will rely on your sales or customer service background, as well as your relationship building, active listening and objection handling skills, to communicate the benefits of the Vida Health Coaching opportunity to eligible members. This is your chance to bring your sales skills, passion for seeing lives changed and amazing customer minded personality to help members jumpstart their journey to leading a healthier life!
While this role starts off as a six (6) months temp role, there may be opportunities for converting to regular employment as soon as 4-6 weeks into starting based on individual performance and company needs.
- In this sales role, you will outreach to members who may or may not have heard of Vida via our phone system, and explain the benefits of enrollment into Vida’s program, which is free to the member
- Become a pro at handling objections and helping members commit to their health by signing up for Vida
- Engage with members through use of motivational interviewing and rapport building techniques to enroll members into the most appropriate services for them
- Complete the enrollment process, including gathering data pertaining to member’s physical and mental health goals, assigning the member a health coach, and helping them download the Vida app
- Take in-bound calls from members to conduct assessments, answer questions related to services, assist with program enrollment based on interests and health goals, and help members with app navigation
- Maintain product/service knowledge and awareness of member service policies and privacy regulations, and adhere to requirements
- Ensure member confidentiality at all times according to HIPAA regulations and training programs
- Support Vida Service Center projects on an ad-hoc basis, including updating trainings, leading peer sessions or team meetings, brainstorming scripting improvements, and quality monitoring
- Identify and escalate process and system enhancements to the lead team to improve the member enrollment experience
- Ensure all process guidelines are handled accurately, urgently and professionally during Crisis call scenarios
- Capture feedback from members that are not interested in the program offerings
- Ability to work in a fast paced outbound call center environment
- A positive attitude and resilient mindset are necessary for this sales role that focuses on outbound outreach to members who can benefit from Vida’s services
- Ability to communicate effectively, build rapport, overcome objections and provide a high level of professionalism through written and oral communication
- Basic Macbook and google workspace proficiency; experience on CRMs or phone systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Genesys preferred
- Ability to adapt to change and pick up new technology easily
- Candidates who are creative problem solvers, comfortable with ambiguity, detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environments
- High School Diploma and 2 years of experience in customer service or sales; OR Bachelor's Degree and 6 months experience in customer service or sales; healthcare experience a bonus
- Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to successfully helping members initiate their health journey with Vida
- Experience in sales, member engagement or customer service in a health care environment preferred
- Flexibility to adjust schedules, scripting and technique based on our member population and business requirements
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.