Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a passionate ML engineer with experience in LLM and a keen interest in the health-tech domain. The ideal candidate will collaborate closely with our team to design, develop, and deploy our NLP based solutions. This position will be instrumental in solving the health care triple aim using NLP solutions that generate summaries, collect medical information from patients, and perform actions on their behalf in our systems.
If you have a penchant for pushing technological boundaries in healthcare and are familiar with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and data management tools like GraphQL and dbt, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with our data science team to gather, clean, and preprocess data from diverse sources.
- Build scalable ML pipelines on GCP, ensuring the seamless integration of our LLM with other components.
- Manage and optimize data workflows and architectures using GraphQL and dbt.
- Continuously evaluate model performance and iterate to improve accuracy and user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including software developers, product managers, and UX/UI designers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in LLM and machine learning technologies, and integrate them into our solutions when relevant.
- Ensure data privacy and security, adhering to industry best practices and regulations.
- 5+ years ML Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or related fields.
- Proven experience with LLMs, preferably with platforms like OpenAI or GCP Palm Models.
- Hands-on experience with GCP tools and services relevant to machine learning.
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with popular ML frameworks, such as langchain or tensorflow.
- Experience with Prompt Engineering, and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
LLM related skills you have or seek to develop:
- Experience with text generation and embedding API based models such as OpenAI and GCP Palm models
- Experience with deploying open source LLMs on cloud services such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with data collection approaches from LLM based systems to be used for fine-tuning
- Experience with fine-tuning API based and open source models.
- Experience with reference indexing approaches and vector databases for semantic search
- Experience with implementing RAG-based chatbots
- Experience with Langchain or other agent based libraries
- Familiarity with LLM evaluation approaches
- Previous experience in the healthcare or nutrition domain.
- Knowledge of dietary science or experience with digital health platforms.
- Experience managing data with GraphQL or dbt.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.