VP Sales - East
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This individual will develop and execute a strategic plan to sell to employers both directly and leveraging key consultant relationships. This individual will build and manage the entire sales pipeline, from new business prospecting to building relationships with potential clients to closing business and building channel partnerships.
Possessing a strong understanding of the healthcare marketplace, this sales leader will identify and secure new business opportunities and partnerships with various players in the space, specifically targeting employers with 7,500+ US employees. Relationship-driven and mission-oriented, this commercial leader will build strong relationships with a consultative sales mindset. This individual must be passionate about our mission of providing high-quality, cost-effective healthcare outcomes at scale.
- Lead operational and strategic efforts to build and grow our business across the 7,500+ employer base within the territory
- Responsible for increasing the customer base, customer loyalty, revenue per customer, and top-line financial growth for the business
- Work closely with the leadership team, building brand equity and driving product sales across B2B clients
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Vida’s technology, product offerings, and mission, contributing to all three equally
- Understand target customer’s business needs, leveraging consultative skillset to develop customized proposals and determine buyer criterion
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong executive and decision maker-level relationships
- Land and expand – grow accounts and client relationships leading to referrals
- Generate new business and sales leads through a mixture of networking and following up on marketing campaigns and inbound inquiries, along with strong channel partnership efforts
- Ensure a long-term competitive edge for the business through a value-added approach to prospects and customers
- Understand key and emerging market segments and the business drivers for each; help refine positioning as needed
- 7-10+ years of experience with both direct and indirect sales within the healthcare and benefits industry, and history of overachieving on sales targets
- Deep experience and understanding of the healthcare, payer, provider, and employer benefits ecosystem, with an impressive track record of engaging new business and building strong partnerships
- Proven experience of selling to Strategic Accounts/ Fortune 1000 employers as well as working with the major national, regional, and local Consulting/Brokerage firms
- Entrepreneurial mindset who self-starts and motivates others; an executive who enjoys thinking about things in new ways and executing accordingly; thrives in a high-growth environment
- History of executing complex sales throughout the healthcare marketplace for a range of clients
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric executive who leads with a mission-driven lens; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida App
- New hire home office stipend
- Training and leadership development programs
- Learning & Development stipend
- All Company Events
- Team Based Connection Opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.