Bilingual Health Coach
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
As a Vida Bilingual Health Coach, you will work with a range of members virtually to help support impactful, lasting behavior change to increase health and wellness. In addition, you will work within Vida’s guidelines, Scope of Practice, HIPAA, PHI, Industry Standards, Federal, State and Local Law to ensure that safety, quality and compliance expectations are met. Vida Health Coaches are professional experts in behavior change who have backgrounds in disciplines that include health sciences, nutrition/healthy eating, exercise and motivational psychology. They support members by connecting them with their internal motivators, identifying barriers to progress, holding them accountable and assisting in the growth process—facilitating sustainable changes to their lives.
- Inspire, collaborate and partner with a panel of members seeking to increase healthy lifestyle behaviors in areas such as weight management, eating better, getting more active, managing stress and prevention/management of chronic health concerns
- Coach in our full suite of programs for mind and body
- Communicate with your members through individual/group video calls and electronic messaging in alignment with program cadence expectations
- Use coaching skills and competencies within a Motivational Interviewing framework to help members set concrete SMART health goals
- Document key information during video consulting with members utilizing appropriate application(s)
- Collaborate with other providers when indicated in a coordinated care team to ensure the appropriate level of care and best-in-class member experience
- Stay current on all training requirements and communications
- Follow department policies and procedures as detailed in provider manual documents
- Meet or exceed target consult time management guidelines
- Meet or exceed provider-level quality metrics and efficiency benchmarks
- Primary available work hours support business needs of calendar availability M-F between 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-12pm, in Coaches time zone
- Appropriately document hours worked utilizing appropriate ADP pay codes
- Meet all on-going patient exclusion screening requirements related to licensures and certifications
- Work within Vida’s provider platform/technology to maintain strict confidentiality at all times, including diligently following HIPAA guidelines and processes to ensure protection of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Agree to abide by Vida policies and consents related to services provided to Vida members
- Fluency in both written and verbal Spanish
- Degree in health-related field required (such as nutrition, public health, exercise physiology, psychology, health science, or health education)
- Health coaching certification from an accredited, National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) approved health coaching program (i.e., Wellcoaches, Duke Integrative)
- Minimum 3 years of experience coaching members one-on-one with health goals after receiving an approved health coach certification
- Required to pass Vida’s Mock Motivational Interview session
- High level of familiarity with technology such as GSuite (GCalendar, GSheets, GDocs, etc.), Slack and other software applications
- CHES or NBC-HWC certification preferred
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.